Antelope Audio Edge Solo Modeling Microphone
Single capsule large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone infused with Antelope Audio’s cutting-edge Modeling Engine technology. Get 18 iconic microphones in one body!
The Antelope Edge Solo is a large diaphragm condenser microphone, with a cardioid pickup pattern, that delivers clean and natural recordings with any interface or preamp. The microphone is designed for the artist/engineer who needs one solution for numerous situations and applications. In addition to the high-performance hardware, Antelope Audio has developed a proprietary Modeling Engine that adds advanced tone-shaping to the microphone’s own pristine sound. The 18 different mic emulations make this a highly adaptive and effective recording tool - suitable for home- and professional-studio recordings of vocals, acoustic instruments, guitar & bass cabs, as well as drums & percussion.
Antelope Edge Solo Key Features:
- Large-diaphragm condenser microphone delivering high-resolution audio
- 18 classic mic emulations with stunning tone-shaping abilities
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- User-friendly software allowing for speed & efficiency
A Mic That Stands on Its Own
The Edge Solo features a low self-noise, high SPL and a 6-micron gold-sputtered diaphragm. Combined with the low-resonance body and low-reflection head basket, the capsule powers a high-performance microphone capable of delivering ultra-fast transients, flat frequency response, and exceptional dynamic range for clean and natural-sounding recordings.
A Plethora of Tone-Shaping Emulations
In addition to its own pristine sound, the Edge Solo has the ability to mimic 18 of the most popular mics - from dynamic classics to rare Tube & FET large-diaphragm condensers that have stood the test of time. To develop the emulations, Antelope Audio has worked with several revered European facilities, making rigorous measurements and testing multiple exquisitely preserved vintage microphones, as well as modern high-end classics. The 18 emulations provide the necessary sonic versatility needed to suit any voice or instrument both at home and in the studio.
A New Vision for the Recording Experience
The purpose of the Edge Solo and all other modeling microphones in Antelope Audio’s portfolio is to not only equip you with a variety of sonically versatile emulations in one body but to also expand your scope of recording abilities with features not available with conventional microphones. Antelope Audio’s modeling concept enhances your workflow by allowing you to switch between microphone emulations with a single click during recording or post-production. When paired with an Antelope Audio interface you can benefit from imperceptible latency while picking the best mic emulation for the job during tracking. If you prefer, record without any modeling, and alter the sound later with the native emulation plugins* - compatible with any DAW or interface.
*iLok 2 or 3 required. Not included in the pack.
Hardware Based Emulations of Classic Gear
- Berlin 47 FT - by far the ultimate kick drum microphone, with large, full-bodied sound and unmatchable low-end that’s also suitable for bass cabinets.
- Berlin 47 TU - modeled after “the holy grail” of tube microphones, it’s suitable for any source and any application, but its glory is mostly due to its ability to capture vocals’ presence like no other microphone.
- Berlin 49T - a classic male-vocal microphone for effortless tube-warmth, whilst preserving musical presence.
- Berlin 57 - similar midrange warmth and velvety highs as its brothers the Berlin 47 and 67, but with a slightly less colored response.
- Berlin 67 - the perfect choice for the drum-overheads and other sharp instruments that might need softening.
- Berlin 87 - a classic on vocals and acoustic instruments that need extra brightness.
- Berlin K86 - emulation of a classic German small-diaphragm condenser microphone with broad usage - heard on snare drums, piano and vocals in many hit records.
- Berlin M103 - a great natural-sounding all-purpose studio microphone that offers less coloration than its brother the 87, but a bigger dynamic range.
- Berlin M251 - an all-time classic female-vocal microphone, heard on countless records by Tina Turner, Shania Twain, Bjork, and many other legends.
- Berlin V563 cardioid capsule - this emulation shares a similar sound character to the legendary 47TU with its natural warmth and smoothness, yet it adds another layer of presence and sheen on top.
- Hamburg 441 - the perfect choice for guitar cabinets and snares, able to capture detailed upper mids in high SPL applications without ever sounding harsh.
- Illinois 7B - its applications vary from kick drums, bass cabs, and vocals (both live and in the studio), but it's most well known as the “radio mic”, because of its ability to capture incredibly deep low-end on voice-overs and speech.
- Illinois 57 - one of the most recognizable all-purpose microphones ever build - often finding its place for close-miking drums or guitar cabs.
- Minnesota 20 - a familiar large and full low-end making it suitable for kick drums, bass cabs, and male vocals.
- Tokyo 800T - a classic hip-hop and pop large-diaphragm condenser mic that has become the favorite for Drake, Justin Bieber, and many other artists today.
- Vienna 12 – the original sits at the top of the dream-list for many pros, who consider it the holy grail of vocal and brass microphones.
- Vienna 112 - a staple of every live-room with a drum kit, with a tight low-end and plenty of attack.
- Vienna 414 - the ideal choice for drum overheads, acoustic instruments, and other airy sources.
Get the vintage sound of a fully stocked mic locker with the power of Antelope Audio's Edge Solo microphone and FPGA powered Accusonic Monitoring. Call or Live chat RSPE for more information.