Apogee Symphony Desktop Audio Interface
Symphony Series 10x14 Desktop Audio Interface with Vintage Mic Preamp Emulation, Apogee Hardware DSP with Premium Plugins, Immersive Touch Screen for Mac, Windows and iPad Pro.
Apogee Symphony Desktop is a portable professional-grade audio interface for Mac, iPad pro and Windows that packs the legendary sound quality of Apogee’s rack-mount Symphony I/O Mk II into an elegant and inspiring 10×14 audio interface that sits on your desk and fits in your bag. With Symphony Desktop, musicians and producers are empowered to record, overdub and mix with the music industry’s most respected AD/DA converters and mic preamps.
By combining superior performance, with new features like mic preamp emulation, the Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin and ultra low latency recording with hardware DSP and Apogee native FX plugins, Symphony Desktop will amplify your creativity in your studio or on the go and give your recordings the Apogee sound quality Advantage.
Apogee Symphony Desktop Features
- Most affordable Symphony series interface ever
- Cutting edge components and circuit design deliver detailed and pristine flagship sound quality
- 2 Advanced Stepped Gain mic preamps, up to 75dB of gain, variable impedance
- FET instrument input with electric guitar tube amp charcteristics
- Apogee Alloy Mic Preamp emulation (Analog processing + DSP modeling) Includes British Solid State & 50s American Tube
- Built-in hardware DSP processing of Apogee FX Rack plugins
- Includes Symphony ECS Channel Strip Tuned by Bob Clearmountain – Native and hardware DSP versions with EQ, Compression and Saturation
- Includes Symphony Reverb – Native version
- Flexible, zero latency plugin workflows: Print, Monitor and DualPath Link workflows
- Dynamic touch screen display for comprehensive hardware control
- 2 assignable headphone outputs: 1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8”
- 10 IN x 14 OUT simultaneous channels of audio
- MIDI over USB
- Digital I/O: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT,S/PDIF)
- Works with: macOS, Windows, iPad Pro
Apogee Symphony Pro Quality
As a Symphony family product, Symphony Desktop benefits from Apogee’s core mission to design the finest performing audio interfaces using cutting edge analog and digital components, carefully selected by ear. While others cut costs and rely on conventional design approaches, we use innovative components and circuit optimization to consistently improve the performance of our products.
A/D Conversion - Faithfully Capture Every Nuance
Like Symphony I/O Mk II, Symphony Desktop’s analog-to-digital convertor stage features ultra-low distortion, high-slew rate, fully differential analog op-amps plus a cutting edge A/D convertor in a performance-enhancing dual-sum configuration. Create with the confidence that every nuance of your analog input is faithfully reproduced in the digital domain.
D/A Conversion - A Widescreen Window Into Your Mix
Symphony Desktop’s digital-to-analog stage employs brand new technology to provide uncompromising Symphony DAC performance in a portable product, including a robust ultra-low distortion, high-current output driver. Regardless of downstream connections, Symphony Desktop provides a transparent, widescreen window into the sonic landscape of your mix.
Mic Preamps - Superior Performance + Alloy Preamp Emulations
At the core of the input stage, are Symphony Desktop’s mic preamps offering up to 75dB of gain. The preamp design features Apogee’s unique Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture which ensures ultra-low noise and distortion regardless of the source, from pounding kick drum to delicate fingerpicking on an acoustic guitar. With variable impedance settings on both mic and instrument inputs, Symphony Desktop optimizes the input stage to better match your specific devices, for deep lows and clear highs. Selectable Apogee Alloy mic preamp emulations adds character, attitude and maybe a bit of grit to your recordings.
Symphony Desktop has two completely independent ultra low impedance headphone outputs, individually routable, both equipped with dual-sum ESS DACs. Output power range is tailored to the expected type of headphones: the front panel output can drive virtually any headphones, while the rear panel output is specifically tailored for high-efficiency headphones.
Hardware DSP and Native Plugin FX
Run Apogee’s premium plugins on Symphony Desktop and in your DAW, No Hardware Required
Obsessively crafted by the same team that designs all Apogee hardware and software products, Apogee FX are premium plugins that run on the hardware DSP in Symphony Desktop or as native plugins on your computer. From visually modern interfaces that allow you to precisely shape and contour your sound to meticulously modeled vintage hardware so accurate it has been endorsed by the hardware manufacturer, Apogee plugins will quickly find their way into your daily recording tool kit.