Arturia MicroFreak - Hybrid Synthesizer
A synthesizer like no other, MicroFreak blends wavetable and digital oscillators with analog filters and features a unique poly-aftertouch flat keyboard.
MicroFreak Hybrid Synthesizer is a compact, versatile, semi-modular synthesizer with many unique features that will spark your imagination and creativity in a new way. It enables you to experiment with modular sound construction without the hassle of patch cords. Its core is an advanced digital oscillator with newly developed control options. The classic Analog Filter guarantees a warm sound. Together they offer the best of two worlds: digital and analog.
In addition to a standard envelope, a cycling envelope provides you with modulation options
only found on high-end modular systems.
The center point of the MicroFreak is a versatile matrix patchboard that has options similar
to the matrix of its elder brother, the MatrixBrute. The Matrix allows you to take control and route modulation sources to a great number of destinations.
Another unique feature of the MicroFreak is an expressive touch capacitor keyboard that
responds to your finger pressure. Couple this with the paraphonic playing option, an arpeggiator, and assignable matrix destinations, and you will understand why the MicroFreak will soon be your favorite performance synthesizer.
Last but not least: the MicroFreak features two paraphonic sequencers, each with four
modulation tracks. Paraphonic means that they can record and play back up to four voices, sharing the same filter, simultaneously.
- Synthesizer with 256 preset slots and 160 factory presets
- 12 Digital oscillators with variable modes, with integrated open source Plaits engine created by Mutable Instruments
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes - Up to 4 voices
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful arpeggiator
- Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
- Spice & Dice Gate randomizers
- 64-step sequencer
- 2 patterns per preset
- 4 automation tracks per preset
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output