Avid Artist | DNxIQ Video I/O Interface
Professional Video I/O Interface allows you to seamlessly capture and play back SD, HD, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K media.
Avid Artist | DNxIQ is a powerful, professional video I/O interface designed to simplify and accelerate your entire HD, high-res, and Ultra HD workflow. Available as standalone hardware or bundled with Media Composer® software, Avid Artist | DNxIQ enables you to capture, monitor, and output media quickly—in the highest quality possible. And because the interface, which includes hardware by Blackmagic Design, is designed to be open and flexible, you can use it with Avid and other creative tools too. Only Avid Artist | DNxIQ includes Audio Punch-in for Media Composer via the front panel mic input, and baseband hardware encoding of Avid DNxHR media.
Artist | DNxIQ Key Features
- Capture and play back SD, HD, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K media
- Edit faster and more efficiently with onboard media encoding and conversion
- Work with your favorite creative tools, including Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, Apple Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Connect a wide range of video and audio gear through a host of connections, including:
- Four sets of 4 SDI connectors—4 in, 4 loop,4 out, 4 repeated out, each set supporting upto 12 Gb/s via single, dual, and quad link
- Two optical I/O supporting 3 Gb/s and 6 Gb/s; 12 Gb/s coming soon (modules not included)
- HDMI 2.0 I/O
- Analog video I/O—component and composite
- Balanced analog audio—4 XLR inputs, 4 XLR outputs
- AES/EBU—2 channels in, 2 channels out
- Stereo RCA input for consumer audio devices
- XLR mic input with 48V phantom power on front panel with level control
- Stereo headphone output with level control
- Quickly cross-convert formats on baseband output SDI, HDMI, and analog connections with Universal Mastering
- Monitor media ingest and output conveniently using the front-panel HD LCD display
- Select video, audio, and timecode inputs, or control decks, using front panel controls
- Connect to the latest generation computers using Thunderbolt 3 or PCIe connections
- Remotely control up to two external devices
- Get reliable operation—and peace of mind—with redundant power supplies
Capture and play back stunning high-resolution video
Create and deliver rich, detailed media in the highest quality imaginable, from first ingest to final output. Avid Artist | DNxIQ features advanced 12G-SDI, optical and HDMI 2.0 connections that enable you to work with HD, 2K, Ultra HD, and 4K material. It supports frame rates up to 60 fps, bit depth up to 12 bits, and 2D or stereoscopic 3D media. And because it comes jampacked with a wide array of analog and digital connections, it can be used with just about every camera, deck, display, and device you have or want.
Create with your favorite video and audio tools
With support for an ever-growing list of Avid and third-party media tools, Avid Artist | DNxIQ is an easy and ideal fit for any production environment. Capture and edit footage with Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, and other video editing software. Use Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Fusion, and other software to get the looks you want. And couple it with Pro Tools and other popular DAWs to work on your audio.
Accelerate creative editorial with Media Composer
Bundle Avid Artist | DNxIQ with Media Composer and you gain the advantages of having the most trusted and proven editorial tool in the industry at your fingertips. Edit Ultra HD, 2K, 4K, and other high-res media natively. Work in any resolution with Avid Resolution Independence. Experience real-time high-res editing with Avid DNxHR. Directly edit a wide range of file-based media without transcoding. And because you can automate timeconsuming tasks in the background, you’ll have more time to focus on telling your best story possible.
Work faster and more easily
More than just an in and out device, Avid Artist | DNxIQ offers additional benefits to speed and ease your workflow. Edit massive 4K files more easily by using the built-in hardware encoder to capture to Avid DNxHR.* Quickly convert media and color spaces with onboard hardware processing. Connect a mic to the front panel for convenient audio punch-in workflows. Monitor media ingest and output on the built-in LCD screen. Select inputs with a press of a button. Get real-time format and frame-rate conversion on output and playback with Universal Mastering. And with Thunderbolt 3 technology, you get blazingly fast computer connection speeds, delivering the lowest possible latency and greatest time sync accuracy (supports PCIe too).
Accelerate your video video workflow and focus on your storytelling with Avid Artist | DNxIQ.