Avid Artist | DNxIV Portable Video I/O Interface
Portable Thunderbolt 3 Video I/O Interface allows you to seamlessly capture and play back SD, HD, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K media.
Avid Artist | DNxIV, developed in cooperation with AJA® Video Systems, offers a full set of professional video and audio connectivity with support for the latest 4K and UltraHD devices and High Frame Rate workflows. The power of Thunderbolt 3 enables Avid Artist | DNxIV to handle a wide range of formats from SD to HD, UltraHD and full 4K over both SDI and HDMI and support 4K frame rates up to 60p, plus HDR 10 and HLG support over HDMI for HDR workflows. Avid Artist | DNxIV is the ideal companion for lightning-fast video capture, playback and editorial. Avid Artist | DNxIV connects with a single Thunderbolt cable and provides a second Thunderbolt connector for flexibility, making it perfect for on set, or in the edit suite.
Artist | DNxIV Key Features
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports (supports pass-through daisy-chaining)
- Four bidirectional SDI BNCs configurable for up to four inputs, or four outputs, or two inputs and 2 outputs.
- Single Link I/O for 4K/UltraHD, HD and SD across 12G-SDI, 6G-SDI, 3G-SDI, and1.5G-SDI
- Dual Link I/O for 1.5G-SDI and 3G-SDI (2 x BNC)
- Quad Link I/O for 1.5G-SDI, 3G-SDI (4 x BNC)
- Supports Quadrant or Two Sample Interleave transport
- HDMI 2.0 Input and Output
- HDR (HDR10 or HLG via HDMI, 12 Bit RGB, BT2020)
- Dedicated realtime 4K/UltraHD to HD down-conversion output (SDI Monitor out BNC)
- Eight-channel Embedded HDMI audio
- Eight-channel analog audio (Tascam/DB25 cable)
- Front panel Mic/Line/Phantom XLR audio input connector, with gain control
- Front panel LED VU meters and Headphone output w/level control
- Reference In/LTC In (selectable)
- LTC Output
- RS-422 control via 9-pin
- Rugged Chassis, Small Size
- 12V DC, 4-pin XLR Power (AC adapter included)
High Quality Down Conversion
The Avid Artist | DNxIV built-in down-conversion 3G monitor spigot, uses large multi-point digital interpolators, anti-alias filtering and interpolation. Because these functions are in hardware, they are available full time, all the time-with no CPU load.
Avid Artist | DNxIV Audio
Avid Artist | DNxIV provides up to 16 channels of SDI embedded audio, and up to eight channels of embedded HDMI audio. Eight channels of analog audio I/O is supported via a DB25 industry standard Tascam style audio breakout cable. The eight analog audio channels are configured as Ch1- 4 input and Ch5-8 output.
AJA Software and Utilities
Avid Artist | DNxIV operates with AJA's Desktop software package, developed for powerful integrated video/audio capture, editing, and production with a variety of 3rd-party software. AJA software is distributed as a unified package which includes all the software, firmware, plugins, and utility programs for the Avid Artist | DNxIV, as well as AJA's Io, KONA, and T-TAP products.
Accelerate your video editing and focus on your storytelling with Avid Artist | DNxIV.