Avid Pro Tools | HD I/O 16x16 Analog Interface
High-quality components, super low latency, and flexible I/O, HD I/O 16x16 features 16 channels of analog I/O on DB-25 connectors plus additional digital I/O including 8-channel ADAT with S/MUX II & IV support, 2-channel AES3 via XLR connectors, 2-channel RCA S/PDIF, word clock I/O, and Loop Sync I/O.
Featuring the sleek, professional look of Avid's previous generation HD systems, the HD I/O 16x16 Analog takes Native systems to a whole new level. Completely redesigned on the inside, Avid’s Pro Tools|HD I/O 16x16 Analog features the highest quality components to give you best-in-class A/D/A conversion at sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz, plus the lowest possible latency for trouble-free tracking. For easy studio integration, the HD I/O 16x16 features 16 channels of analog I/O on DB-25 connectors plus additional digital I/O including 8-channel ADAT with S/MUX II & IV support, 2-channel AES3 via XLR connectors, 2-channel RCA S/PDIF, word clock I/O, and Loop Sync I/O. Thanks to its modular design, you can expand and customize the Avid HD I/O 16x16 Analog interface to meet your studio’s current and future I/O needs.
The ideal choice for music productions—get the maximum complement of analog inputs and outputs.
Note: can be customized by replacing a card, but not expanded.
Avid HD I/O Features:
- Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the- art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, and meticulous attention to design
- Adapt the interface for your needs—choose from three configurations:
- Maximize your analog I/O with HD I/O 16x16 Analog
- Versatile digital I/O on all interfaces, with built-in sample rate conversion
- Expand or customize the I/O with analog or digital option cards
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD family system for full input, output, and routing control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Keep an eye on your levels easily through 32 4-segment metering LEDs
- Robust 2U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD family system through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)
Hear what you’ve been missing
A sonic improvement over its audio interface predecessors, HD I/O features premium A/D and D/A conversion, so you can achieve higher audio fidelity, extensive dynamic range, super-low jitter, and the absolute lowest possible latency in your sessions. With certain configurations, you also get built-in sample rate conversion and a soft clip feature for worry-free recording. And using Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter that catches even the fastest transients, you can track hotter signals and smooth out inconsistent levels from incoming sources.
So you can choose the interface that best suits your connection needs, Avid HD I/O comes in three configurations: 16x16 Digital, 8x8x8 Analog/Digital, and 16x16 Analog. All HD I/O interfaces come with two channels of AES3 digital I/O on XLR, eight channels of ADAT I/O with S/Mux II & IV support) 2-channel S/PDIF on RCA connectors, word clock I/O, Loop Sync I/O and a mini expansion port add other HD I/O systems.
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 16x16 Analog configuration:
High-quality analog I/O:
- 16 analog inputs on DB25 (bal/unbal)
16 analog outputs on DB25 (bal)
Additional digital I/O:
- 2 channels of AES/EBU I/O (supports 192 kHz singlewire)
- 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
The ultimate in interface flexibility
HD I/O option cards add more analog inputs, analog outputs, or digital I/O. As your needs grow or change, you can easily add more analog inputs, analog outputs, or digital I/O by installing an option card. While HD I/O 16x16 Analog comes with the maximum four cards, you can customize your I/O by swapping out any card.
- HD I/O AD Option: Adds 8 high-fidelity analog inputs (using DB25)
- HD I/O DA Option: Adds 8 high-fidelity analog outputs (using DB25)
- HD I/O Digital Option: Adds 8 channels each of AES/EBU (supports 192 kHz single-wire and dualwire), TDIF, and ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
Work with Pro Tools and more
HD I/O and all other Pro Tools, HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and control of your inputs, outputs, and routing right from your Pro Tools software interface. You'll also get higher production quality and greater workflow flexibility than with previous Pro Tools interfaces. And if you want to use your interface with Pro Tools| HD and other DAW software, you can do that too, as all Pro Tools|HD systems support Core Audio and ASIO drivers.