Avid Pro Tools | HD Omni Audio Interface/Preamp
All-in-one, professional-quality audio interface combining 2-channel preamp, flexible I/O, and up to 7.1 monitoring in a sleek 1U chassis
The Avid Pro Tools | HD OMNI audio interface lets you capture crystal clear, detailed, high-resolution audio via its two digitally controlled, high-quality preamps and state-of-the-art converters. Its ultra-low latency (1.7ms!) monitoring allows artists to focus solely on their performance—the real secret to great recordings. Thanks to its 4x8 analog, 8x8 ADAT, 2-channel AES3, stereo S/DIF, and word clock I/O you can connect a variety of analog and digital gear. Designed for future scalability, the HD Omni’s Loop Sync I/O lets you interface with any of Avid’s Pro Tools Tools|HD family systems. Plus, you can monitor your sessions in up to 7.1 surround (or stereo fold down).
Avid’s HD Omni provides a compact, a cost-effective solution for home, project, or professional studio.
Avid HD Omni key features:
- Premium sound and ultra-low latency through state- of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion with up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- 2 premium, mic/DI preamps and multi-channel capture via 4x8 analog audio streams, or 8x8 including digital
- High-quality, low-noise analog I/O and versatile digital I/O with sample rate conversion
- Monitoring flexibility, also functions as a standalone 14x26 channel mixer when computer is off.
- Tight integration with Pro Tools|HD for full routing, mixing, and monitoring control
Premium sound and ultra-low latency
Raising the bar on performance, Avid’s HD OMNI audio interface features premium A/D and D/A converters, so you can achieve higher audio fidelity, extensive dynamic range, super-low jitter, and the absolute lowest possible latency (1.7ms) in your sessions. You also get built-in sample rate conversion and a selectable soft clip feature for worry-free performance. Or, you can use Curv, a built-in soft-knee limiter that catches even the fastest transients. With Curv enabled you can track hotter signals and be assured that any unexpected peaks in your input won’t put you in the red.
Track, mix, and monitor in one
No need to route signals through multiple interfaces—with Avid HD OMNI, you can do everything in one single-space rack, saving you money and space. As the hub of any music studio, you can use HD OMNI’s preamps to record high-quality instrument and vocal performances. Each preamp also features a convenient front-panel 1/4"/XLR connector, +48V phantom power, phase reverse, -20dB pad, 1/4"/ send and return per channel, plus a 12dB/octave hi-pass filter with roll-off starting at 85Hz.
HD Omni also provides dedicated cue mixes for artists to monitor the performance through a discrete mix. For post-production, not only do you have overdub and Foley recording capabilities at your disposal, you can use HD OMNI to monitor mixes with up to 7.1 channels—and fold down mixes from 7.1 to almost any channel subset.
High-quality, low-noise analog I/O and versatile digital I/O
Not having the right or enough I/O is the hidden deal-breaker of audio hardware. To ensure connectivity for all of your gear, Avid Pro Tools HD OMNI provides numerous options for connectivity. Along with the to front-panel mic/line/DI inputs, there are two rear-panel XLR mic inputs, each with dual 1/4"/ send and return and four 1/4" line inputs. DB-25 connector is provided for eight channels of analog audio output. These balanced outputs operate at +10dBu (speaker level) or at +24dBu (line level). You can set the output level in Pro Tools. There are also two 1/4" TRS outputs.
HD OMNI’s digital I/O includes a single stereo AES3 (XLR) input that supports sample rates up to 192kHz using AES Single Wire; one 8-channel DB–25 AES3 output; RCA jacks for stereo S/PDIF, which also supports up to 24-bit/192kHz sample rates; 2x8 ADAT I/O that supports S/MUX II and IV; plus word clock and Loop Sync I/O with BNC connectors. An Avid proprietary expansion port allows expansion with other Pro Tools|HD systems.
Full monitoring flexibility
Whether you want to listen in stereo or surround, monitor sound personally or set up a personal mix for someone else, or hear your work in headphones or on the big speakers, you can do it all with HD OMNI. Mix and monitor up to 7.1 surround (with fold down to stereo). Hear how your mix sounds on different speakers using the Main and ALT speaker selections. Set up an integrated cue mix for artists to monitor. Or isolate yourself with your own headphone mix. And if you don't feel like launching Pro Tools—or even turning on your computer—HD OMNI features a built-in, customizable, 14-input standalone monitor mixer, so you can continue to monitor external sources, such as keyboards, drum machines, and digital music players, independently from your recording setup.
Work with Pro Tools and more
HD OMNI and all other Pro Tools HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and control of your inputs, outputs, routing, and monitoring right from your Pro Tools software interface. You'll also get higher production quality and greater workflow flexibility than with previous Pro Tools interfaces. And if you want to use your interface and Pro Tools|HD hardware with other DAW software, you can do that too, as all Pro Tools|HD systems support Core Audio and ASIO drivers.
Get the sound quality you’ve always wanted. With HD OMNI, you can connect your mics, instruments, line-level gear, and digital devices, capture every audio nuance they deliver in stunning clarity, and choose how you want to monitor your mix.
Avid Pro Tools HD Omni full features:
- Pristine audio clarity and ultra-low latency through state-of- the-art A/D and D/A conversion
- High-quality, low-noise analog I/O:
- 2 premium, digitally controlled mic/DI preamps
- 4 line inputs
- 8 line outputs, with true analog gain
- Versatile digital I/O, with sample rate conversion on all inputs:
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
- 4 line inputs
- 8 line outputs, with true analog gain
- Supports 4x8 analog audio streams, or 8x8 including digital
- Route audio independently from Pro Tools with the 14-input persistent monitor mixer
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD for full routing, mixing, and monitoring control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Hear your mixes in however many channels you need, from stereo to 7.1 surround
- Improve communication while tracking with dedicated cue path
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Compact 1U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included) (select PCIe or Apple Thunderbolt)