Avid S1 Control Surface
A compact & ergonomic, EUCON-enabled, control surface featuring 8 touch-sensitive motorized faders, touch-sensitive knobs, and high resolution OLED displays designed to work with Avid's Pro Tools | Control app on iPad. Get the tactile control of an S6 with a much smaller footprint and budget!
The Avid S1 is a compact 8-fader EUCON control surface designed to work seamlessly with the free Pro Tools | Control app and iPad (iPad sold separately). S1 provides the unparalleled speed, rich visual feedback,and software integration of Avid’s high-end consoles in a slim line surface that’s an easy fit for any space or budget. Avid S1 gives you deep hands-on control of your favorite audio and video software and, together with the free Pro Tools | Control app for iPad, provides great ergonomic efficiency, easy touch workflows,and S6-style metering and processing views, so you can navigate large sessions quickly, mix more intuitively, and turn around better sounding mixes fast.
Avid S1 Control Surface Key Features
- Accelerate your workflow - From muting and soloing tracks, editing plugins, and routing signals, to writing surround panning automation and triggering macros, S1 provides total hands-on access to your audio or video project, giving you greater speed and precision than mixing with a mouse and keyboard alone.
- Get deep hybrid control - S1 delivers the best of both worlds, providing motorized, touch-sensitive faders, touch-sensitive knobs, and physical keys integrated with a touchscreen to support VCA spill, monitor control, custom layouts, and other pro-level capabilities beyond what MIDI-based controllers can offer.
- Work with your favorite creative tools - S1 offers deep integration with Pro Tools and Media Composer, plus native support for third party audio and video applications, including Logic Pro, Cubase, Premiere Pro, and more, to dramatically speed up editing and mixing tasks.
- Navigate large sessions fast - Instantly jump to tracks by simply selecting one in Tracks View or swiping through multiple channels in Mix View on the touchscreen, eliminating tedious software click-throughs. S1 automatically banks to follow your every move.
- View your mix in great detail - From high-res metering, including gain reduction and 9.1 surround support, to automation status and EQ, dynamics, and panning graphs, S1 gives you incredible insight into your project, so you can stay informed and make better creative decisions.
- Get S6-style monitoring control - With the dedicated Monitoring View, you can quickly assign and control talkback, listen back, and speaker sources and levels right from the surface to speed up recording and mixing workflows.
- Design a surface for your needs - S1 makes it easy to scale up and reconfigure the surface as your needs grow. Connect multiple units together—and even add Pro Tools | Dock—to create a single extended and integrated surface.
Avid S1 for music creation and mixing
Creating great-sounding music can be a challenge when you’re working with just a mouse and keyboard. Avid S1 gives you the hands-on speed, precision, and software integration music creators and mixers need to turn around better sounding mixes faster. All in a portable and affordable slimline surface that works with multiple DAWs and fits easily in any studio space and budget. From recording and editing tracks, to mixing and monitoring in stereo or surround, S1 provides the comprehensive control and visual feedback to accelerate any music workflow.
Avid S1 for audio post and mixing
As the demand for new content continues to increase, audio post-production facilities are often shuttling multiple projects through different mix rooms to stay on deadline. Avid S1 provides the hands-on sound recording, editing, and surround mixing capabilities of bigger consoles in a much smaller footprint, enabling you to outfit any room in your facility for production. You get the deep DAW integration and flexibility only Avid provides in a versatile control surface designed for fast project turnaround. Plus, its small price makes it an easy choice for freelance sound editors and mixers.
Avid S1 for video production
When it comes to editing video, sound is half the picture. Avid S1 provides the hands-on control you need to not only navigate large video projects quickly, but also complete sound editing and mixing tasks with greater speed and precision than working with a mouse and keyboard. Get fast access to a host of Media Composer, Premiere Pro, and other video and audio software functions from the surface. And create higher quality soundtracks faster—in stereo or surround—with a versatile and affordable slimline surface that fits easily between your display and keyboard.
Mix big on a smaller scale
While Avid S1 fits easily between your display and keyboard, it packs a lot of mixing power into its small surface. From motorized faders and knobs that respond to your touch, to fast-access touchscreen workflows and Soft Keys that enable you to perform complex tasks with a single press, S1 provides the speed and versatility to accelerate any music, audio post, or video project.
Get unmatched software integration
S1 is powered by EUCON, Avid’s high-speed Ethernet control protocol that delivers deep hardware/software integration, giving you full touch and tactile access to a host of Avid and third party software functions and controls. You can even switch between multiple applications—and workstations—at the touch of a button, providing the most fluid editing and mixing experience.
Gain extensive insight into your mix
S1 not only features high-resolution OLED displays, it integrates with the free Pro Tools | Control iPad app, providing rich visual feedback to enhance your workflow. From track names, parameter values, and automation, to S6-style monitoring, metering, and channel processing views, you get the comprehensive feedback of a high-end console in a versatile surface for the budget-minded.
Scale the surface to your needs
Need more faders, Soft Keys, and/or transport controls? Connect multiple S1 units together to create an extended, fully integrated control surface that provides more tactile control to handle larger mixes. You can even seamlessly connect Pro Tools | Dock to S1 to have dedicated transport controls, a jog wheel, focus fader, and more at your fingertips.