Avid S4-8 8-Fader Control Surface, 3 Foot Frame
Compact 8-fader EUCON control surface includes one Channel Strip Module (CSM), one Master Touch Module (MTM), one Master Automation Module (MAM), and filler panels/plates in a 3-foot frame.
The Avid S4-8 is a powerful 8-fader EUCON control surface that provides the mixing power of industry-standard Pro Tools | S6 in a more compact control surface for budget-conscious pros and smaller audio post and music facilities. Avid S4-8 features 8 touch-sensitive motorized faders, powerful touchscreen, touch-sensitive knobs, precision jog wheel, and comprehensive metering and monitor control. The 3 foot S4 Frame allows you to expand your console with Display Modules, Joystick Modules, or Post Modules. Avid S4 boosts your mixing efficiency with the same award-winning touch workflows in a more streamlined, semi-modular surface that provides intelligent DAW control. Whether creating music, designing sound, mixing immersive audio, or teaching audio production, S4 is the perfect fit for any workflow.
Avid S4-8 Control Surface Key Features
- Accelerate your mix - From editing plugins and writing automation, to performing complex tasks with a single key press, S4 accelerates your efficiency like only an Avid control surface can.
- Work with multiple DAWs - Expand your creative capabilities with a versatile solution that accelerates music and audio post workflows across Pro Tools, Nuendo, Pyramix, Logic Pro, Cubase, and other audio software. You can even mix tracks from two different DAWs simultaneously, enabling hybrid mixing.
- Customize the surface for your needs - With its compact, semi-modular design, you can configure the surface with up to 24 faders and three additional module options to meet your workflow needs, without dominating studio space.
- Get unmatched hands-on control - S4 is EUCON-enabled, providing deep DAW integration and control, so you can mix faster and more intuitively with an ergonomic surface that acts and feels like a physical extension of your software—no matter what DAW you use.
- Mix with confidence - Get unprecedented visual feedback of your mix—including Pro Tools waveforms and advanced metering—with support for up to four Display Modules, enabling you to make more informed mixing decisions.
- Create Dolby Atmos mixes with speed and ease - Experience the most efficient hands-on Dolby Atmos mixing workflows in the industry when paired with Pro Tools | Ultimate, providing extensive integration for faster project turnaround. Plus, its compact size makes it easy to outfit smaller rooms for immersive audio.
- Get comprehensive monitor control - Easily assign and control talkback, listenback, and speaker sources and levels right from the surface to handle everything from simple cue mixes for music recording, to monitoring immersive audio projects.
- Customize the surface for post - Add dual joysticks, PEC/Direct controls, and additional assignable knob controls to your surface to accelerate surround and immersive mixing and re-recording workflows.
- Get super-simple setup - Get up and running quickly with the fully integrated Channel Strip Module and preassembled frame, streamlining configuration and setup.
Avid S4 for recording studios and music mixing
Get the versatility and workflow capabilities you need to take on and turn around stereo and
immersive music projects quickly. Avid S4 is the perfect fit for smaller recording studios, independent music mixers, and smaller rooms and mastering suites in bigger music studio facilities that want the extensive mixing capabilities, deep DAW integration, and visual feedback of Pro Tools | S6 in a smaller footprint.
Avid S4 for audio post and mixing
Avid S4 makes it easy to bring the robust workflows of Pro Tools | S6 to smaller rooms in your
facility for immersive audio mixing, sound design, ADR, Foley, and sound editing. It provides the workflow versatility you need to take on any project—from film, TV, and OTT media, to commercials and games—and the deep DAW and Dolby Atmos integration required to complete diverse projects on time and on budget.
Avid S4 for educational facilities
For media educators, Avid S4 provides the mixing power of industry-standard Pro Tools | S6 in a
more affordable solution for students to learn the music and audio post-production workflows they’ll need for a successful career in the media and entertainment industry. Its semi-modular design can be configured to support any course discipline—from music recording and production, to sound design, Dolby Atmos mixing, and re-recording workflows—facilitating a more well rounded education..
Get the power of S6 in a smaller surface
From its deep DAW control and fully integrated Dolby Atmos mixing, to superior ergonomics and operational ease, Avid S4 gives you the same massive power, monitoring capabilities, and workflows of Pro Tools | S6 in a more compact control surface designed for smaller spaces and budgets.
Take command of multiple DAWs
S4 is built with EUCON technology, giving you deep, unmatched DAW integration to access and control Pro Tools, Nuendo, Logic Pro, and other audio software right from its touchscreen and surface—even two different DAWs simultaneously.
Expand your mixing versatility
Stereo. Surround. Immersive audio. For music, audio post, and media education. No matter the format, DAW, or workflow, S4 makes it easy to expand your creative capabilities, providing additional module options—including joysticks, PEC/Direct paddles, and attention knobs—to support a variety of mixing workflows and opportunities.
See your mix in new ways
From channel meters, groups, EQ curves, and automation data, to scrolling high-res Pro Tools waveforms, which can be edited right from the surface, S4 gives you extensive visual feedback and insight into your session, so you can create incredible mixes with confidence.
Avid S4 modules
Avid S4 is semi-modular, enabling you to configure a control surface with up to three Channel Strip Modules (24 faders max), four Display Modules, and up to three optional modules for your workflow needs.
S4 Core Modules (included in all Avid S4 configurations)
- Master Touch Module (1) - Get quick access to your mix and control parameters through a tilting 12.1-inch multipoint touchscreen, plus eight adjacent rotary encoders and other dedicated knobs and keys
Automation Module (1) - Navigate and automate projects easily with a full transport control section with shuttle/jog wheel, a focus fader, automation control, numeric keypad, and other keys and switches
Channel Strip Module (1–3) - Control track levels, plugins, and other parameters through eight channel faders, 32 top-lit knobs (four per channel), and other keys and switches; up to three can be installed to support a 24-fader configuration
S4 Frame (1) - Choose from a 3-, 4-, or 5-foot preassembled frame layout for your control surface
S4 Optional modules (add up to four displays and up to three additional options)
- Display Module - Get extensive visual insight into your mix with a high-resolution TFT display that can show everything from channel names, meters, routing, groups, and DAW affiliation, to scrolling Pro Tools waveforms, master meters, and more
Joystick Module - Mix surround sound and immersive audio projects, including Dolby Atmos and Ambisonics, using dual touch-sensitive joysticks, with TFT and OLED displays, to position sounds with precision
Post Module - Complete post projects faster with a module that enables you to switch between listening to recorded tracks/stems and their inputs through two rows of 10 PEC/DIRECT paddles to ensure they sound identical before punching in to record
Attention Knob Module - Add 32 more top-lit knobs to your surface (or 64 with two modules), providing additional assignable controls and visual feedback for adjusting attention track functions, including plugins, EQ, DYN, and pan
Avid S4 Base Models