Dave Smith Instruments - Prophet 12 Synthesizer Module
The Prophet 12 is a 12-voice hybrid Synthesizer with Four Oscillators, a Sixteen Slot Modulation Matrix, and Analog VCAs Per Voice.
The Prophet 12 is the most cutting edge
hybrid synthesizer on the market and defines what a modern polyphonic
synthesizer is. Designed and manufactured in San Francisco, the Prophet
12 Module has a glorious combination of form and function in a sturdy,
portable and elegant build. Use it as a desktop module or add it to your
rack with the optional rack mount kit (available separately).
Dave has been a pioneer in the field for 35
years. After creating such greats as the Prophet-5, ’08, and VS, this is
his favorite Prophet yet!
A Voice as Big as the Rest
The Prophet 12’s brand new hybrid voice has a
digital front end followed by an all analog signal path output. Each
voice has four high resolution digital oscillators (plus a sub
oscillator), a digital character effects section, a resonant Curtis
low-pass filter, a high-pass filter, a tune-able feedback circuit, a
four-tap delay line with feedback per line, four loopable five-stage
envelope generators, four syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset, a
sophisticated arpeggiator, and a sixteen slot modulation matrix with 26
mod sources and 97 modulation destinations. The Prophet 12 Module is
packed with a plethora of sonic potential and power!
Frequency and amplitude modulate the
oscillators with incredible accuracy. Freely assign oscillators in
whatever operator and modulator configurations you choose. You can even
assign each of the oscillators to modulate LFOs, envelopes, and filters.
A Powerful Prophet Module
Don’t let its small size fool you. The
Prophet 12 Module boasts the same power and sound as the Prophet 12
Keyboard. Each of the Prophet’s twelve voices is composed of a brand new
hybrid digital/analog architecture that sounds different than any other
DSI line of synths, yet retains the true Prophet vibe. With a humongous
twelve voice polyphony, sophisticated architecture, and sleek design,
the Prophet 12 is ready to handle any sound in any setting.
Prophet 12 Desktop Module Specifications
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which
can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It’s harsh yet
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
Feedback and Delay
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFO’s with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- 12 knobs and 34 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Crisp OLED display is easily visible in low light situations and from many angles.
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4″ phone jack)
- External Power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz
- Oiled walnut wood end panels
- 16.5″ L x 6.8″ W x 2.85″ H (41.9 cm L x 17.3 cm W x 7.2 cm H)
- 4 lbs. 14 oz. (2.21 kg)
- Rack-mountable with the optional rack mount kit
Dave Smith Instruments products are used by an ever-growing roster of well-known musicians. Call or chat with
a RSPE representative today for more information.