Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite
Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite is the software necessary to Create, Edit, Mix, Master and Deliver Dolby Atmos content. Mastering Suite requires the Dolby Home Theater RMU or qualified Mac or PC workstation to run the renderer software.
The Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite provides audio professionals all the software tools needed to create, edit, mix, and master high-quality Dolby Atmos content for television, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs, music, and gaming. It provides all the necessary software for a facility to run a home theater rendering and mastering unit (Home Theater RMU) on approved hardware, as well as enable edit and pre-mix rooms to work with Dolby Atmos content that feeds into the main mix room.
The Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite offers all of the features of the Dolby Atmos Production Suite in addition to certain advanced controls and features. The key differentiator of the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite is that the Renderer is intended to run on a dedicated Mac or Windows computer (called a rendering and mastering workstation), whereas the DAW runs on a separate computer.
This suite is for engineers, sound designers, and others who use Dolby Atmos Renderer software for creating and monitoring content on a multiple-computer system that supports full equalization (EQ) calibration and includes a dedicated rendering and mastering workstation for power on demand.
Atmos Mastering Suite includes one copy of Dolby Atmos HT-RMU Rendering and Mastering Software (Mac & Windows), three copies of Dolby Atmos Production Suite (Mac only) and Dolby Atmos Conversion tool.
Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite Key Features:
- Allows a user to run their own Home Theater rendering and mastering workstation on approved hardware, for the ultimate in Dolby Atmos mastering workflow
- Master high-value content for Blu-ray and digital delivery, without any restrictions caused by rendering on the same computer as you DAW
- Work with multiple source/recorder machines for ultimate flexibility, and with any existing Dolby Atmos panning client
- Includes 3 copies of the Dolby Atmos Production Suite, to enable edit and pre-mix rooms that feed into a main mix room
- Dolby Atmos Renderer: Dolby Atmos Renderer software monitors, records, and plays back Dolby Atmos content. This software runs on a qualified Mac® or PC-based workstation to transform it into a dedicated rendering and mastering workstation. It renders up to 128 inputs (made up of audio beds and objects with metadata) to your defined monitoring configuration, as well as rendering to standard channel-based layouts for both monitoring and deliverable creation.
- Dolby Atmos Production Suite: Three copies of the Dolby Atmos Production Suite (Mac only). When combined with the Dolby Audio Bridge and send/return plug-ins (included with the software) the Dolby Atmos Production Suite provides an in-the-box solution for editors, sound designers, composers, and others to perform editing and pre-mixing.
- Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool: The Dolby Atmos Conversion Tool for additional control over your Dolby Atmos master file deliverables with head/tail trimming, stitching, concatenation, and frame/sample rate conversion.
Dolby Atmos Workflow
Dolby Atmos brings two key innovations to deliver an exceptional, immersive entertainment experience. The first is a pair of overhead bed channels, resulting in a 7.1.2 surround mix. The second key development is the introduction of audio objects — individual sources that can be placed anywhere in the room, independent of the surround beds, informed by metadata that places them based on X, Y, Z coordinates and the number of speakers available in the room.
Whether you’re mixing in Pro Tools or Nuendo, the native integrations allow for easy routing and panning of sources to either the multichannel beds or to object busses, which are readily available in the I/O dropdown selection.
The 7.1.2 bed audio, object audio, and metadata are routed from your audio workstation to the Dolby Atmos Renderer, which can monitor, record, and play back Dolby Atmos content. This will render the audio and metadata to your defined speaker configuration for monitoring, as well as rendering to standard channel-based layouts for both monitoring and deliverable creation. The Dolby Atmos Renderer also records Dolby Atmos master files used for encoding for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs and can export to ADM BWF, commonly used for encoding by streaming services.
RSPE is your Dolby Atmos Certified Dealer for Sales, Upgrade And Installation. Call or Chat RSPE, we can help your studio make the upgrade to Dolby Atmos.
Do I need the Dolby RMU to run Dolby Mastering Suite? Learn more at "Demystifying Dolby Atmos"