FabFilter Pro-Q 3 EQ Plug-in
FabFilter Pro-Q 3 is an extremely powerful all around EQ plug-in for mixing and mastering, with up to 24 bands and a gorgeous interface for easy and precise editing.
An equalizer is probably the tool you use most while mixing and mastering, so you need the best of the best! With FabFilter Pro-Q 3, you get the highest possible sound quality and a gorgeous, innovative interface with unrivalled ease of use.
FabFilter Pro-Q 3 is designed to help you achieve your sound in the quickest way possible. Via the large interactive EQ display, you can create bands where you need them and select and edit multiple bands at once.
Pro-Q 3 offers everything that a demanding engineer could wish for: top quality linear phase operation in addition to the zero latency and unique Natural Phase modes, Mid/Side processing, variable stereo placement of EQ bands, an intelligent solo feature, optional Auto Gain and a built-in, fully customizable spectrum analyzer.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample-accurate automation, advanced optimization and much more!
What's New in Fabfilter Pro-Q 3?
- NEW - Optional Dynamic EQ mode for all bands (Bell and Shelf shapes), using any slope setting and with perfect analog matching
- IMPROVED - Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive EQ display, multi-band selection and editing for maximum ease of use and efficiency
- NEW - Ultra-steep 'Brickwall' slope setting for LP and HP filters
- NEW - Full surround support (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2) with intelligent speaker selection
- NEW - External spectrum visualization from any other Pro-Q 3 instance, including collision detection
- NEW - Per-band mid/side or left/right processing, so you can EQ the mid, side, left or right signals separately
- NEW - Flat Tilt filter shape, a flat tilting correction curve over the whole audible frequency spectrum
- IMPROVED - Spectrum Grab: just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyzer right away!
- IMPROVED - Filter shapes: Bell, Notch, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut, Band Pass, Tilt Shelf, Flat Tilt
- IMPROVED - EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another Pro-Q 3 instance or an external signal
- IMPROVED - Built-in spectrum analyzer with Pre-EQ, Post-EQ and external spectrum visualization, adjustable range, speed, resolution, tilt, freeze and collision detection
- IMPROVED - Supports stereo, mono and surround channel layouts (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2)
- IMPROVED - MIDI Learn with option to control the currently active band
Fabfilter Pro-Q 3 Features
- Highest possible sound quality
- Up to 24 EQ bands
- Operates in zero latency mode, linear phase mode with adjustable latency or the unique Natural Phase mode
- Different interface sizes and additional Full Screen mode
- Universal filter slope support for all filter types, up to 96 dB/oct
- Auto Gain and Gain Scale
- Optional piano roll display to quantize EQ frequencies to musical notes
- Different display ranges: 3 dB and 6 dB ranges for mastering, 12 dB and 30 dB for mixing
- Intelligent solo mode makes it easy to find problem frequencies and hear the effect of a band
- Phase Invert option to change polarity
- Large output level meter with peak level readout
- Extreme CPU optimization: Pro-Q 3 uses very little CPU and memory, so you can use hundreds of instances in a session
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit)
Mac OS X
- 64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- 32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- OS X 10.8 or higher
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Intel processor