Grace Design m103 Channel Strip - mic preamplfiier, 3 band EQ, optical compressor
The Grace Design m103 - a channel strip by name, a powerful tool by design
It starts with the tried and true m101 microphone preamplifier circuity. For many engineers, the m101 is an introduction to what quality mic preamplification is all about, and the perfect starting point for a channel strip – musical, transparent and pure. Headroom, detail, clarity – its all there. Complete with Grace's exclusive ribbon mic mode, a 75Hz HPF and 48V phantom.
The 3 band EQ section is built around single stage parallel tuning architecture, which minimizes circuitry and delivers natural tonal shaping from 20Hz to 20kHz. Controls include a fully parametric mid, with sweepable high and low bands which can be operated in shelving or peak modes. Because of its accuracy of this design, smaller increments of cut or boost can be heard, providing a greater level of control tone shaping.
The compressor circuit is based on an optical attenuator - the purest, high fidelity gain control mechanism available. It provides gentle limiting to fairly heavy compression, while remaining neutral and transparent. The perfect way to zip it all up and send it downstream - clean, intact and alive. 10 segment gain reduction and output meters make monitoring compression and output levels simple.
The front panel accessed HI-Z input makes this an amazingly high quality instrument preamp. Comprehensive I/O options allow the mic pre and EQ/COMP sections to be accessed independently of each other, and the order of the EQ/COMP is switchable. A dual function link/ sidechain input on rearpanel is provided for inserting external sidechain signals (for de- essing, ducking) or connecting two m103's together for stereo compression applications.
Predictably, the m103 is built to last, and proudly backed by Grace's 5 year transferable warranty.
Grace m103 Key Features
- Fast and musical transimpedance microphone preamplifier architecture
- Updated audio path with 0.5% precision metal film resistors
- New 12 position gold plated rotary gain switch
- High performance output line driver amplifier and HPF amplifier
- Ribbon mic mode (also great for dynamic mics)- Relay bypass of phantom power decoupling capacitors, increased input impedance, and 48V lockout
- 3-band presicion EQ, fully parametric mid band, peak and shelf mode for hi and low bands
- newly designed optical compressor
- Mic amp direct output
- EQ/COMP section line input
- Bombproof laser-etched black anodized frontpanel
- Sealed gold contact relay for Hi-Z input switching
- Built in power supply
- Led indicators for +48V, Ribbon mode, and HPF
- powerful 10 segment meters for gain reduction and output level
- Five year transferable warranty on parts and labor
- Made in the USA