Modal Electronics Modal 002R - 8 Voice Polyphonic Analogue / Digital Hybrid Synthesizer
The Modal 002 has 50 different waveforms, ranging from classic analogue sounds to more unique digital shapes.
The Modal 002R provides eight discrete voices of polyphony with full multi-timbrality if desired. The 002R has two oscillators per voice with two sub oscillators, which can be switched from being either traditional square wave to having the same waveform as the main oscillator – in effect making four oscillators per voice
Analogue / digital hybrid architecture uses NCOs for very high resolution, and very stable oscillators.
Modal Electronics designed 24dB per octave four pole transistor ladder filter, with some very unusual morphing characteristics or ‘polesweeping’, enabling transition from four pole through bandpass to one pole 6db per octave, or anywhere in between
Modal 002R Key Features:
- Two LFO’s, one per voice and one global
- Extensive modulation options
- 002R features a range of sequencing options – a built in 12 Track, 12 row, 32 step sequencer with MIDI sync capabilities. Sequences can also be transposed dynamically while running
- A very highly featured arpeggiator with a wide range of different modes, including ‘hold’ mode, enabling arpeggiator-based sequences to be created
- The Modal Electronics Animator, which enables any
control parameter on the 002 to be sequenced, enabling very complex
filter transisitions, wave form changes and modulation matrix changes to
- Ethernet port to connect your 002R to your network and enable
updates via the internet (no more midi sysex dumps) and access to the Modal Electronics cloud features
- Superb UI, a great departure from the norm of synthesisers, featuring a very high quality 4.3″ screen with wide viewing angle
- 12 ‘quick recall banks’ are accessible directly
from the front panel, enabling performing musicians to get rid of their
set sheets and build set lists of presets, sequences and animations, all
quickly accessible from dedicated front panel buttons. Up to ten banks
of quick recalls can be created, making live performance a doddle
- VCF and VCA envelope generators
- Four Key Modes – Polyphonic, Monophonic, Unison and Stack
- Voice control parameters are easily accessible using the Modal Quick Navigate
dials to quickly control page, parameter and value. These dials are
also user assignable to single or multiple parameters to create complex
- The power of 002R becomes really apparent when used with the Modal Web Interface,
no need for a plugin, use any HTML5 compatible web browser (Chrome,
Safari, Firefox etc.) on any platform that supports a browser – laptop,
desktop, tablet or phone! for full control and editing of all of 002R’s
- Pure analogue signal path from the oscillators onwards, no digital conversion.
- Optional Digital Output board providing multi voice outputs over USB (Class Compliant) with FX available 2016.
- Two audio inputs enabling audio processing from the VCF onwards plus external MIDI in and out
- Fits into a 3U 19″ audio rack
Modal Electronics designs and manufactures innovative "Machines for Musicians". Call or chat with
a RSPE representative today for more information.