Modal Electronics Modal 008R - 8 Voice Polyphonic Analogue Synthesizer
The Modal 008R has a range of classic analogue polysynth features such as oscillator and filter FM bringing amazing sonic power.
The Modal 008R provides eight discrete voices of polyphony with an uncompromising analogue architecture utilizing the highest grade components throughout. The two 100% analogue VCO’s per voice with two sub oscillators, providing sawtooth, triangle, square with PWM and noise. Each of the waveforms can be blended together to provide completely new complex wave shapes.
The Modal 008R has an innovative and extremely flexible 15 multi-mode filter, consisting of traditional modes such as low-pass, band-pass and high-pass as well as more unusual notch, phase and combination modes. A filter overdrive enables the sound to be driven to sonic extremes.
Modal 008R Key Features:
- Two LFO’s, both capable of reaching audio rates with multiple wave shapes and midi sync
- 11 modulation sources with unlimited destinations. Each destination can be set its own unique depth, a super smooth sample rate of 10kHz
- 008R features a range of sequencing options – a built in 2 Track, 12 row, 32 step sequencer with
16 dedicated step time editing knobs on the front panel and MIDI sync
capabilities. Sequences can also be transposed dynamically while running
- A very highly featured arpeggiator with a wide range of different modes, including ‘hold’ mode, enabling arpeggiator-based sequences to be created
- The Modal Electronics Animator, which enables any
control parameter on the 008R to be sequenced, enabling very complex
filter transisitions, wave form changes and modulation matrix changes to
- Ethernet port to connect your 008R to your network and enable
updates via the internet (no more midi sysex dumps) and access to the Modal Electronics cloud features
- Two part multi-timbral (bi timbral) allowing splits across a keyboard or stacks to create amazingly complex sounds
- Superb UI, a great departure from the norm of synthesisers, featuring a very high quality 4.3″ screen with wide viewing angle,
display is context sensitive where the control parameters of any
control knob that is touched by the user, is immediately displayed
- Eight ‘quick recall banks’ are accessible directly
from the front panel, enabling performing musicians to get rid of their
set sheets and build set lists of presets, sequences and animations, all
quickly accessible from dedicated front panel buttons. Up to ten banks
of quick recalls can be created, making live performance a doddle
- Ultra fast (1ms) VCF and VCA envelope generators. VCF-EG is one of the 11 modulation sources that can be freely assigned to any parameter by it’s own unique amount
- Four Key Modes – Polyphonic, Monophonic, Unison and Stack
- Voice control parameters are easily accessible using the Modal Quick Navigate dials
to quickly control page, parameter and value. These dials are also user
assignable to single or multiple parameters to create complex macro
- The power of 008R becomes really apparent when used with the Modal Web Interface, no
need for a plugin, use any HTML5 compatible web browser (Chrome,
Safari, Firefox etc.) on any platform that supports a browser – laptop,
desktop, tablet or phone! for full control and editing of all of 008R’s
- Optional Digital Output board providing multi voice outputs over USB (Class Compliant) with FX available 2016.
- Two audio inputs enabling audio processing from the VCF onwards plus external MIDI in and out
- Fits into a 3U 19″ audio rack
Modal Electronics designs and manufactures innovative "Machines for Musicians". Call or chat with
a RSPE representative today for more information.