NUGEN Audio Halo Downmix With 3D Immersive Extension
Precision downmix and surround re-balancing from 5.1, 7.1 or Dolby Atmos.
Halo Downmix completes your surround toolset enabling precise surround balancing, mix monitoring and sophisticated stereo fold-down. The glue that brings your workflow together, allowing you to deliver in surround and stereo with ease and without compromise.
Produce better downmixes and enhance the downmix compatibility of your surround mixes. 5.1, 7.1, advanced and compact interfaces perfectly designed for the task in hand, maximising screen real estate. Multiple monitoring modes, quick mute and solo controls promote rapid assessment and critical listening tests. Halo Downmix is the ideal complement to any surround workflow.
3D Immersive Extension introduces additional vertical controls via an
expanded user interface including control over Ltm and Rtm placement for
Dolby Atmos compatible placement. An additional real-time analysis view
is also included for the vertical dimension, showing energy
distribution of the output audio.
enhanced upmix algorithm allows for simultaneous use of all the
original features including dialog isolation and individual channel
Halo 3D option is suitable for numerous applications including sound
design, film score, restoration & archive, music and atmospheric
The Halo Upmix 3D Immersive Extension currently supports Avid Protools (AAX) & Steinberg Nuendo (VST3) for Windows and OSX.
Halo Downmix Features
- Standard and custom surround to stereo downmixing
- Surround re-balancing
- Simultaneous surround/stereo workflow
- Immediate and versatile surround/downmix monitoring
- Downmix rescue
- Surround restoration
3D Immersive Extension Features
- Stem and group upmixing
- 7.1 cinematic sound stage enhancement
- TV stereo to surround upmixing with hard centre
- Re-purposing of original stereo for cinematic release
- TV archive enhancement for 5.1 broadcast
- Natural extension of original stereo panoramas and atmospheres
- Upmix to Dolby Atmos compatible 7.1.2 bed tack (3D extension required)
- Upmix to 1st order Ambisonic (AmbiX format) for VR applications (3D extension required)
Halo Downmix Includes
Halo Downmix provides a highly creative solution for precise
downmixing of feature-film or 5.1 mixes to stereo. Intuitive, visual
controls for relative levels,
timing, and direct vs. ambient sound balance allow uprecedented
delivering accurate downmixes that are no longer limited by typical
A standard downmix is usually generated by simply mixing together the
surround output according to standard downmix coefficients, however,
this can often lead to unsatisfactory results, particularly if legacy
upmix practices have been used to generate the original surround mix.
Halo Downmix can be quickly employed to mitigate these issues eg.
controlling excessive diffuse sound from added artificial reverberation,
or removal of delay artefacts introduced in the rear channels.
Halo Downmix can be quickly deployed to produce a more controlled, coherent stereo mix.
Typical applications include:
• Stereo Mix production for Television within a Surround workflow.
• Rapidly producing a controlled, precise stereo downmix of a 7.1 feature film.
• Generating a stereo mix from surround where no stereo recording exists.
• Producing stereo interim listening mixes in a surround workflow.
Fine Tune Existing Surround material
Adjust existing 5.1 or 7.1 mixes in surround-to-surround mode. Levels
of individual channels, and balance of direct vs. diffuse sound can be
fine tune or re-balance existing surround audio where access to the
mix is not possible.
Parallel Surround/Stereo Downmix workflow
Halo Downmix can also be used in conjunction with the included Receive plug-in to enable a parallel surround/stereo workflow.
This workflow allows for rapid A/B listening checks between surround and stereo downmix.
• Optimising a surround mix for better stereo downmix (standard coefficients)
• Harmonising surround and stereo experiences, delivering a separate downmix
• Harmonising surround and stereo to produce a modified surround mix and stereo downmix
NUGEN Audio creates innovative, intuitive
professional audio tools for high-end music producers, post-production
engineers and broadcasters. Call or chat with a RSPE representative