Solid State Logic (SSL) UF8 - Advanced DAW Controller
Expandable 8-channel advanced DAW controller featuring 8 touch-sensitive motorized faders, 8 endless rotary encoders, high-resolution color displays, an all-metal enclosure finished with a brushed, anodized top plate, and high speed USB connectivity.
Solid State Logic (SSL) UF8 controller is a scalable control surface offering all the essential DAW control commands you need at your fingertips, with room to add USB keyboard shortcuts to suit your own workflow. The UF8 control surface features 8 high-quality, fully-motorised faders and 8 touch-sensitive channel encoders, together with 8 high-quality colour LCD TFT displays for clear visual feedback. A large multi-purpose master encoder allows navigation of DAW sessions, track scrolling and mouse wheel emulation to get hands-on controlling plug-ins. Signature SSL workflow and ergonomics developed from a 40+ year legacy in production innovation have never been more accessible.
UF8 is SSL’s latest studio controller, designed for today’s DAW-based production workflows and ultra fast turn-around times. An expandable 8-channel advanced DAW controller, UF8 connects engineers, producers and artists directly to the creative process, offering absolute command of their workflowand significantly accelerating the speed of audio production and content creation
Not all controllers are equalSolid State Logic (SSL) UF8 controller is the culmination of SSL’s 40+ year legacy of mastering production workflowsand studio ergonomics built into generations of classic SSL consoles.This depth of understanding of studio production, combined with decades of engineering excellence, delivers a premium finish tactile USB controller that distills SSL workflow and quality.
Solid State Logic (SSL) UF8 controller UF8 offers intuitive features that are developed from a true understanding of production workflow. Take ultimate control with simultaneous access to multiple DAW sessions, and precise navigation with a multi-purpose Master Encoder for DAW timeline access, track banking and mouse wheel emulation. 'Dual-purpose Selection Keys permit rapid access to select functions as well as solo and mute clearing in Pro Tools and Logic Pro. New CHANNEL and PLUG-IN control modes provide enhanced workflows for those using UF8 with Pro Tools,with easy access to sends and plug-ins without slowing down your creativity.
ConfigurabilityEach SSL UF8 control surface comes equipped with 43 assignable user keys set across 5 configurable banks, allowing users to configure their essential keyboard shortcuts and macros for total session control. Add multiple controllers to create your unique mixing system; build your perfect 16-24 channel music creation hub, or connect 4 UF8’s within a single system to create a 32-channel controller ideal for large post production or mixing sessions. Multiple UF8s can be chained together using the THRU port and provide a safe place for iLok storage. For perfect positioning, each UF8 includes an adjustable stand allowing for six different angles of elevation for user defined placement. 19” rack mount kits are also available for installation into an ORIGIN console center section or other 19” studio racking.
360°ControlSSL’s new360°software application provides fast configuration and admin control of your UF8. With an expanded system, ‘drag-n-drop’ configuration gives quick and dynamic access to each individual controller set up.Customise workflows and defineup to 3 different DAW layers for simultaneous session control, with all changes managed without getting in the way of your productivity.
UF8 Key Features
- 8 motorised, touch sensitive faders.
- 8+1 rotary encoders with push.
- 8 x TFT LCD hi-res displays.
- Backlit RGB soft-feel rubber buttons.
- All metal enclosure, finished with a brushed, anodised top plate.
- Expandable - Connect up to 4 UF8s to create a 32-Channel DAW Controller.
- Works with the following major DAWs: Avid Pro Tools / Apple Logic Pro X / Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo / Presonus Studio One / Ableton Live.
- Up to 3 different DAWs can be connected simultaneously.
- DAW communication via HUI for Pro Tools. SSL software provides further workflow enhancements with the addition of features such as CHANNEL and PLUG-IN Mode.
- DAW communication via MCU for Logic, Cubase, Studio One and Live.
- Large multiple purpose notched encoder allows for DAW timeline navigation, track banking and mouse wheel emulation for even more hands-on control.
- Customisable keys to ready to assign your favourite keyboard shortcuts/macros.
- Assignable Footswitches.
- Included stands allow for adjustable elevation angles on desktop.
- Compatible with ORIGIN modular centre section.
- 19” 6U rackmount kit available for purchase.
- Connects to your computer via Hi-Speed USB – no need to deal with computer networks or ethernet cables.
- Powered by the new SSL 360° Software application.
- Dimensions: 17” x 10.5” x 2.4” / 431 x 266 x 62.7mm
- Weight: Unboxed - 6.4lbs / 2.9KG. Boxed - 5.0KG / 11.02lb
The SSL 360° software provides the brains for any UF8 control surface. It allows you to configure UF8 for your DAW(s), drag and drop to re-order UF8s in a multi-product configuration and allows you to customise the user keys on the surface with your favourite DAW commands or keyboard shortcuts. The top row of user keys has 5 banks of 8, which can all be labelled in the top zone of the TFT displays. SSL 360° is intelligent – it automatically saves any changes you make in the background for you. It also manages and controls any available software/firmware updates, directly from the app.
SSL 360° Software for Mac & PC