Sonnox Live Bundle - For Avid Live Consoles
Sonnox LIVE is a powerful bundle of high quality plug-ins from Sonnox, specifically for use with Avid VENUE and S3L consoles. It includes the legendary Oxford EQ and Dynamics plug-ins, the smooth and versatile Oxford Reverb, TransMod for altering attacks, Inflator for adding presence, and the brand new SuprEsser DS - possibly the most natural sounding de-esser on the market!
Sonnox plug-ins have been road-tested on the most demanding of world tours, for the likes of J-Lo, Peter Gabriel and Massive Attack, and deliver a pristine and polished performance at every show!
Sonnox LIVE contains 5 plug-ins that support both TDM and AAX DSP formats: EQ, Dynamics, Inflator, TransMod, Reverb
A 6th bonus plug-in is included which is AAX DSP only: SuprEsser DS
The renowned Oxford EQ is based on the original EQ section of the Sony OXF-R3 large format digital mixing console. It is a 5-band EQ with selectable shelf settings on LF and HF sections. Additionally, separate variable slope low pass and high pass filters are provided. The Oxford EQ also features four different EQ curves that cover a broad array of styles, including some legacy styles which are renowned for their artistic capability. The use of novel coefficient generation and intelligent processing design provides unparalleled performance that surpasses analogue EQ in both sound quality and artistic freedom. The Oxford EQ truly is four equalizers in one plug-in and will provide all the EQ you’ll ever need!
- 5 band fully parametric EQ
- Variable HF & LF filters up to 36dB/Octave
- Algorithm taken directly from the Sony OXF-R3
- Four different EQ types in one plug-in
- Fully de-cramped HF response
- A / B switches (automatable)
- Ultra low noise and distortion
The Oxford Dynamics plug-in is modeled on the extremely flexible and capable unit used in the OXF-R3 professional mixing console. Resulting from many years research into professional dynamics applications, it offers separate Compress, Limit, Expand, Gate and side chain EQ functions, with full independent control of all parameters. Features such as selectable time constant curves and variable soft compress functions allow the user to confidently tackle all common uses of compression, from subtle unobtrusive level control and mastering functions to the production of great artistic effects. The use of a feed-forward architecture with logarithmic side chain processing, making use of look-ahead techniques, ensures exemplary sonic characteristics and dynamic accuracy, with an artistic capability simply unavailable from other single units, analogue or digital. This highly sophisticated and professional product has the power and flexibility to obviate the need for many of the separate applications most users keep for specific uses.
- The dynamics section from Sony OXF-R3 console
- Separate sections for Compressor, Gate, Expander, Limiter
- 2-Band side chain EQ (with audition function)
- Warmth control for extra presence and tube-like warmth
- Three different compressor types (linear and exponential curves)
- Variable soft knee compressor
- Separate 5.1 bus compressor (where supported)
- Ultra low noise and distortion
The Inflator is a unique process that can provide an increase in the apparent loudness of almost any programme, without obvious loss of quality or audible reduction of dynamic range, yet avoiding damaging increases in the peak level of the signal. The inflator process can also bring power, presence and warmth to programme material and even provide headroom overload margin above digital maximum with a subtlety and musical character reminiscent of tube systems.
Use the Inflator to produce louder mixes than you thought possible without overloads or compression pumping, or use it to add natural warmth and character to acoustic or jazz mixes.
- Adds presence and tube-like warmth
- Increases perceived loudness of any material
- Provides virtual headroom above digital maximum
- Direct and band-split modes
The Transient Modulator allows dramatic manipulation of signal transients. It can completely exaggerate or dampen the attacks, with continuous variation between all settings. A 'soggy' drum kit can be brought to life, or a bass made to sound more punchy. Conversely, it can bring up the ambience surrounding a specific sound by softening the attack. The TransMod can give life to dull sounding recordings, without the unwanted changes in overall timbre associated with compression.
- Accentuates or softens attacks and transients
- Brings instruments forwards or pushes them back in the mix
- Radically changes the dynamics of instruments
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra punch
- Can have the effect of increasing or decreasing room ambience
- Gives life to dull sounding recordings without the artifacts of compression
The Oxford Reverb plug-in is a highly flexible stereo reverberation generator, designed to complement existing Sonnox Oxford applications in providing the user with the highest technical and sonic performance coupled with artistic and creative facility. As well as providing stunning presets, the user has full control over all of its many parameters, including a very comprehensive early reflections section, and integrated 5-band EQ. The Sonnox Oxford Reverb allows the powerful facility to create virtual spaces freely, depending on artistic need, ranging from dry reflection ambiences, room and hall simulations, sound effects, all the way to wide open reverberant spaces with a very large range of possible texture and spatial character.
- Extremely flexible stereo modelling reverb
- Full control over all of its many parameters
- Independent control of early reflections and reverb tail
- Integrated 5-band EQ
- Over 100 invaluable presets for music and post-production
The Oxford SuprEsser is both a very highly-featured professional De-Esser and a Dynamic EQ. There is a simple mode for quick fixes, but also an advanced mode for increased functionality and fine-tuning. The combination of an intuitive FFT display and three listen modes enables the user to easily see and hear exactly where the problem frequencies are, allowing the rapid reduction or removal of the offending audio. As well as being able to trigger the full band compression, only the offending frequencies can be carefully carved out. Since the SuprEsser can operate at all frequencies, ‘plosives’ and other annoyances can also be removed effortlessly, making it more than a simple De-Esser. Additional features include Automatic Level Tracking, Linear Phase Filtering and a Wet/Dry blend control for final balancing. More...
- Highly featured professional De-Esser
- Linear Phase Dynamic EQ
- Transparently controls aggressive frequencies
- Automatic Level Tracking follows energy levels (no need to automate threshold)
- Large intuitive graphic display makes finding frequencies very easy
- Full Spectrum Operation (20Hz -20KHz)
- Three different 'Listen' modes
- Very easy to use
- Advanced Mode for ultimate control of the Dynamic EQ
- Many creative as well as corrective uses
- Presets giving good starting points
Mac and Native licences are not included in this specially-priced bundle for Avid Live consoles.
Equivalent bundle including Native and Mac licences would cost £1,056 / $1,674
Upgrades and cross-grades from Sonnox LIVE are not available.