API 2448 24-Channel Recording and Mixing Console
24-Channel Analog console with dual-signal path, 24 Mic Pre and EQs, 8 summing Busses, 8 Aux Busses and of course–legendary API sound.
The API 2448 analog recording and mixing console is a dual-signal path, inline recording console based on the vintage 1604 and classic 1608 consoles, but provides 24 channels of multitrack recording and 56 channels for mixing. The 2448 offers a powerful and impressive feature set including Dual Inputs on each channel, Stereo Returns and optionally, API's new cross-platform Final Touch fader automation system. The 2448 expands API's powerful line of world-class analog recording consoles and continues API's nearly 50 year legacy of combining functionality and reliability with the unmistakable warmth of the API sound.
API 2448 key features:
- Available in 24, 32, and 40 channel frame sizes
- Dual audio path architecture: Two complete audio paths in each channel
- 24 Input Channels each with Mic Pre and Equalizer
- 56 Channels available to the Mix Bus - in a 24 Channel Frame
- Accepts up to eight VPR Alliance 500 Series signal processing modules
- 8 Summing Buses
- 8 Auxiliary Buses
- 1 Stereo Bus
- 529C Stereo Bus Compressor (optional)
- 4 Stereo Returns
- Full Master Section
- Switchable Metering
- 3 Peak Indicators Per Channel
- 5.1 External Input Monitoring
- Comprehensive Rear Patch Connections
- Optional Final TouchTM Automation System, with 2 Automatable Control Group Masters
Dual-Signal Path Design
The 2448 is a “dual-channel” or “in-line” console. Each channel strip provides two independent, discrete audio paths for multitrack recording and mixing. The Large Fader path (input and tracking) and the Small Fader path (playback & monitoring). Using the Program Bus to combine these 2 paths with the 4 Stereo Returns provides 56 channels of audio for mixdown. Contained within the 648C channel module, either path can be used for tracking or mixing, depending on your needs.
Final Touch™ Automation (Optional - Contact RSPE Audio For Details)
Final Touch automation combines system reliability, user flexibility and operational simplicity and offers a host of features found only in the most expensive and sophisticated console automation systems typically costing many times more. Consoles can be factory-fitted with Final Touch automation prior to delivery, and existing 2448 consoles can be retrofitted with Final Touch automation.
New: In addition to the 2448, API's Final Touch automation systems are available for the flagship Vision console, the Legacy AXS, and the 1608-II. This allows for mix files to be easily transferred across any of these API console products.
Final Touch Automation Features:
- Reliable, self-contained system requiring no external computer
- Individual Switch Control on each fader
- Global Control Panel in the console Center Section
- Hi Resolution 7.5" Touch Screen Control
- Files are easily saved to standard memory cards
- Automated Mute and Insert switches on each channel
- Unlimited Fader Groups with 2 dedicated Group Master Faders
- Motorized Stereo Program Fader
- 4 Motorized Stereo Returns
- DAW Control with unity gain audio bypass
- Unlimited Mix Restore points
- Comprehensive Operations Manual
The API 2448 console carries on the tradition of legendary API analog sound and would make a fantastic centerpiece for any studio! For more information, call or chat with an RSPE representative today.