Avalon V5 Mono Mic-Line PRE-RE-AMP & DI with 10 Tone-Bank EQ
2u half-wide, 100% discrete Class A, low noise, variable gain to +30dB, passive Tone-Bank with 6 voices, HF cut filter, 3.3meg ohm input, LED meter, phones out.
The Avalon V5 DI-RE-MIC Preamplifer is an ultra-high performance professional preamplifier, DI and RE-amper. Created for maximum versatility, the V5's sonic signature - "Deep and Controlled Bass, Musical Mid-range and enhanced Vocal Projection" combine with a unique set of user features including, 100% discrete Pure Class A amplification, Avalon's unique "passive" TONE-BANK™, professional VU meter with dual peak LED's, multiple outputs including an instrument level transformer isolated Re-amp. Designed to optimize absolute signal integrity and musical performance, the V5 is ideal for ribbon, dynamic and condenser microphones, bass guitar, acoustic instruments, electric guitars, keyboards, synthesizers, and very low output passive pickups
The state-of-the-art DI input stage provides a very-high impedance, "zero-load" effect on sensitive pickups and keyboards, while maintaining massive input headroom to +36dB before overload.
Avalon V5 Features
- Pure Class A, 100% discrete design
- Forward musical detail and sonic excellence
- Minimum audio signal path
- High quality transformer input & isolated output
- Microphone and Hi-Z inputs to +36dB
- Very low noise -100dB
- High headroom +30dB
- Switched 2dB, high-gain preamplifer to +66dB
- DC coupled Pure Class A output
- Large illuminated professional VU meter
- Twin LED peak signal indicators
- Regulated +48v phantom power supply
- Low distortion less than 0.5% THD and IMD
- Variable passive high pass (bass cut) filter
- All signal routing with sealed silver relays
MINIMUM SIGNAL PATH DESIGN
The V5 includes a very high quality input transformer (same as the Avalon VT-737sp) with dual microphone input impedance loading for perfect mic/cable matching, high-cut switch for eliminating unwanted acoustic pickup and high frequency noise, headphone monitor amp and DC coupled, 100% Class A output amplifiers for defined bass control. A buffered "thru" output for zero-instrument-load tuners or power amp inputs, internal toroid power transformer with discrete high-voltage power supplies for low noise and sealed silver relays for transparent signal routing.