Earthworks DK50/R Premium Recording Drum Mic Kit
3 microphone kit for live performance comprised of 2-QTC50 omnis for miking overheads and 1-SR30 cardioid for miking kick drum with the inline EQ KickPad™.
The DK50/R is a premium three-microphone system provide a more cohesive and unified drum sound. You’ll hear more attack, more subtle detail and a more pristine quality in the sound than with any other microphones. The Earthworks drum microphones capture every nuance of sound from each piece of the drum set with such an exceptional clarity and cohesiveness, which make it sound like a live set of drums, not a bunch of pieces.
Its polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, virtually eliminating phasing issues and ensuring more gain before feedback. The microphones in the DK50/R have a transient response that is lightning fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing.
With an extended 3Hz – 50kHz frequency response, the QTC50s reproduce a more accurate representation of the original sound. The microphones’ transient response is ultra fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing.
A good kick drum microphone needs to be designed and optimized for that specific purpose. This means the microphone is great for kick drum and nothing else. Therefore we designed the kick drum optimization in an external XLR package – the KickPad™. Just plug the KickPad™ into the mic line going to the SR30 microphone for incredible results. With the KickPad™ removed, you can use the same SR30 for most anything.
All three high quality Earthworks microphones in the DK50/R DrumKit™ will provide stunning results on a wide variety of instruments and vocals. As an added bonus, the KickPad™ will improve the sound of other popular microphones used for kick drum.
- Premium drum microphones for recording
- Includes 2 QTC50 microphones, 1 SR30 microphone, 1 KP1 KickPad™, 3 LP20 LevelPads™, 1 SRW2 stainless steel windscreen, 3 microphone clips and rugged carrying case
- Improved impulse response for faster and more accurate transients
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier loud attacks
- Extended frequency response to capture a crisper and more realistic image
- Near perfect polar patterns that remain even across all frequencies and at any position within the pattern
- More cohesive and unified drum sound
- Hear more attack and subtle detail
- Increased detail and dynamic range
- Versatile, multi-use mics
- Mics are protected in a high impact case
- Fast setup and teardown
- Comes housed in a Zero/Halliburton carrying case