Earthworks P30/C Cardioid Periscope Microphone
Cardioid Periscope Microphone with flexible gooseneck capsule for easy microphone positioning and placement
The Earthworks P30/C Periscope is an instrument gooseneck microphone designed for live performance and studio recording environments.
Designed to provide an ultra flexible miking option, the P30/C is ideal for a wide range of acoustic and electric instruments, as well as orchestra and choir.
Thanks to its flexible gooseneck, the P30/C provides extra simplicity when trying to find that sweet spot. Instead of having to reposition the whole microphone or mic stand, simply flex the gooseneck to quickly reposition the microphone. Its uniquely designed small microphone head also allows you to get into difficult places, such as under the strings of an acoustic string bass.
The P30/C’s near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones. With over 30dB of rear rejection the P30/C is ideal for live performances or recording environments where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments.
It handles transients with ease, reproducing every detail no matter how sharp or subtle. Handling up to 139dB SPL without distortion, it’s nearly impossible to overload the P30/C, even with the loudest instruments.
- 20Hz – 30kHz frequency response
- Mini-gooseneck allows quick and easy positioning
- Easily mic guitars and other instruments, then re-position the microphone without moving the stand or boom
- Uniform frequency response on or off-axis
- More gain before feedback
- Picks up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone
- Near perfect polar response allows them to be placed closer to a choir with no spotlighting
- Can be used for stringed, woodwind and percussion instruments
Available in black and white.
Available as a matched pair. Call or Chat for details.