Focusrite Red 8Line DigiLink / Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface with Dante
58-In, 64-Out Thunderbolt™ 3 Audio Interface With Two Red Evolution Mic Pres, Analogue Line-Level, DigiLink, Dante®, ADAT & S/PDIF Connectivity
Focusrite Red 8Line is a 58-input, 64-output, Thunderbolt™ 3 audio interface that features two Red Evolution mic pres, independent L/R monitor outs, eight balanced line inputs and outputs on DB25 connectors; 32 channels of Dante® I/O; 16-channel ADAT input and output (at 48kHz), and stereo S/PDIF input and output. As with other Red interfaces, it has professional-grade 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion for no-compromise recording and audio playback. With 119dB dynamic range A-D and 121dB dynamic range D-A (A-Weighted), the converters have been expertly selected and calibrated by Focusrite to provide the best balance of sound quality, dynamic range and conversion latency.
Focusrite Red 8Line Features:
- High-performance 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion with 119dB dynamic range A-D and 121dB dynamic range D-A (A-Weighted)
- Seamless multi-platform workflow enables switching between different DAWs in seconds, using the front panel or control software
- Two Red Evolution remote-controllable mic preamps provide up to 63dB of ultra- clean gain, with phantom power, high-pass filter, phase reverse and Air mode
- Latest implementation of Thunderbolt 3 ultra-low-latency drivers for Mac and PC provide the flexibility to use DAW plug-ins in real-time
- Dual Thunderbolt ports as standard enable daisy-chaining of devices such as plug-in accelerators, hard drives and external 4K displays
- Twin mini-DigiLink ports provide connectivity directly to Pro Tools | HD cards, with no need for device expansion
- Dual Dante ports enable connection to the industry standard Audio-over-IP protocol, for easy expansion and interoperability with other digital devices
- Monitor control supports mono, stereo and multi- channel monitoring environments up to 10 channels, including 7.1.2
- Extensive analogue I/O provided by eight line inputs and outputs on DB25; independent L/R monitor outputs; independent Red Evolution mic preamps, plus two stereo headphones outputs
- Three LCDs provide highly accurate level metering for any input or output block, as well as for main monitor and headphone outputs
- RedNet Control allows quick setup of complex monitoring and routing configurations, and control of the preamps remotely
- High-fidelity dual headphone outputs are powerful enough to deliver loud audio on high-impedance headphones
- Dual front-panel instrument connections ensure immediate access to instrument inputs, even when racked
- New Windows 10 Thunderbolt drivers make Red 8Line compatible with PC-based audio systems
- Focusrite software bundle includes the Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC channel strip from the original Focusrite Studio Console, plus Red 2 and Red 3 EQ and Compression plug-ins, which accurately reproduce the sonic qualities of the original Red hardware. Focusrite Plug-in Collective membership provides access to frequent free downloads from the most innovative music software brands
Focusrite Red 8Line In Depth
The Focusrite Red range is the best choice for professionals who work in Pro Tools™ | HD and other DAWs — on both Mac and PC. With both mini-DigiLink and Thunderbolt 3 connections, it's possible to instantly switch between Pro Tools and other DAW applications without the need to reconfigure your audio settings. Simply change the host mode either in RedNet Control software, or using the Red 8Line front panel, to change DAWs in seconds. This ability to quickly switch between production environments means you'll never lose that moment of inspiration, or leave your clients waiting.
Red 8Line features the latest implementation of Thunderbolt 3, with Focusrite's session-proven, ultra-low-latency, rock-solid Thunderbolt drivers. This speed provides the flexibility to use DAW plug-ins in real time, so you can harness the processing power of your DAW to track through plug-ins and record virtual instruments. With two Thunderbolt 3 ports as standard, it's also possible to daisy-chain Thunderbolt devices, such as third-party plug-in accelerators, hard drives, external 4K displays, processing units and Thunderbolt hubs.
On-board Dante connectivity enables Red 8Line to communicate with industry-standard Audio-over-IP equipment from hundreds of manufacturers. Dante makes it easy to expand your system, embrace new ways of working, and discover rapid system expansion using Focusrite RedNet interfaces or devices from third parties such as Neve, Yamaha and DiGiCo. Red 8Line has built-in monitor control for mono, stereo and multi-channel monitoring environments up to 7.1.2. Compatibility with the new Focusrite RedNet R1 desktop remote controller allows even greater flexibility, and customised presets for immersive monitoring environments including Dolby Atmos®.