Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB DUO Heritage Edition - Desktop Audio Interface
Apollo Twin USB. High-Resolution Desktop Music Production with Classic Analog Sound — for Windows. Now includes "Heritage Edition" Plug-in Bundle featuring $1,345 worth of UAD plug-ins!
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB reinvents desktop recording by delivering legendary analog studio sound, feel, and flow to music creators everywhere. This 2x6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows-based machines (Windows 7 and 8) combines the impeccable 24/192 kHz audio conversion of Universal Audio's acclaimed Apollo series with onboard Realtime UAD Processing and Unison™ technology — a breakthrough in classic mic preamp emulation.
With its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core processing, Apollo Twin USB lets you record your music in real time (at near-zero latency) through the full range of UAD plug-ins — from Neve, Studer, Manley, Marshall, Lexicon, API, and more* — putting racks of vintage EQs, compressors, mic preamps, tape machines, reverbs, and guitar amps at your fingertips.
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin USB's Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after mic preamps — including their impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ plug-in, with more emulations available at the UA Online Store.
Apollo Twin USB’s smart feature set includes two class-leading mic/line preamps, two analog line outputs, two digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels, and up to eight additional channels of digital input via Optical connection. Its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core processing lets you use UAD plug-ins both during realtime tracking and for mixing within Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more.
With its ergonomic desktop design, rugged aluminum construction, and front panel headphone and instrument connections, Apollo Twin USB has all the right tools, all in the right place.
Apollo USB Key Features
- Desktop 2x6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows 7/8 with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency*
- USB 3 connection to modern Windows systems
- Unison™ technology provides stunning models of classic mic preamps
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Console 2.0 software features Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
Record and Mix with Stunning 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality
With the highest dynamic range and lowest noise of any desktop interface, Apollo Twin USB gives you stellar 24-bit/192 kHz sound and breathtaking clarity.
Its premium mic preamps and class-leading conversion translate into rich three-dimensional recordings with exceptional depth and punch. Digitally controlled analog monitor outputs provide full resolution audio at all listening levels — letting you create better mixes in real-world environments.
Track Through Classic Preamps Using Unison™ Technology
Unison technology allows Apollo’sTwin USB’s mic preamps and front-panel DI to sound and behave like the world's most sought-after tube and solid state preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes — including their all-important impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and circuit behaviors. Based on breakthrough integration between Apollo’s analog inputs and its onboard UAD processing, Unison lets you track through a range of colorful emulations from Neve, API, and Marshall with amazing tone.
A Complete Analog Studio with Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing
Imagine having access to a classic analog recording studio, right on your desktop. Apollo Twin USB lets you record and mix through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. The key to its analog magic is onboard UAD-2 DUO DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host CPU. To get you started, Apollo Twin USB includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" plug-in bundle.
Professional I/O Connections
Apollo Twin USB is a 2x6 interface with two class-leading mic/line preamps, two analog line outputs, two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs, and up to eight additional channels of digital inputs via Optical connection. Its conveniently located Hi-Z instrument input and headphone jack allow you to capture inspiration the moment it strikes.
With its versatile USB connection and breakthrough Unison technology mic preamp emulation, the UA Apollo USB bring the recording and processing power of Apollo to your Windows based studio. For more information, call or chat with an RSPE representative.