Vanguard Audio Labs V1 Pencil Condenser Microphone
The Vanguard V1 Pencil Microphone with 4 capsules, and shock mount. The most versatile condenser in the land!
The Vanguard Audio Labs V1 is a multi-capsule FET pencil condenser microphone. V1 is designed to be a versatile, reliable, professional tool for any recording engineer, studio, producer, or artist. 4 total custom-voiced capsules and with multiple pickup patterns – allow for a cornucopia of tonal variations for virtually any sound source or recording situation. With a “straight-wire” circuit design, premium cryogenically-treated FET componentry, an unparalleled selection of capsules, and a heavy-duty VSSM shockmount, the V1 will be your new studio workhorse.
Vanguard V1 Microphone
– packed with high-end componentry including an ultra-quality precision-biased JFET, a custom-wound transformer, premium capacitors, and cryogenic treatment throughout. A “straight-wire” design philosophy means there’s only four components between the capsule and the output. Four 22mm Capsules
– these interchangeable capsules give you unmatched flexibility – cardioid, wide cardioid, hypercardioid, and omnidirectional. Ultra-sensitive 4-micron diaphragms, an anti-comb-filtering front design, and precision-machined backplates give wide consistency across each capsule. VSSM Shockmount
– the best pencil shockmount in the ‘verse. Heavy-duty cast zinc partners with high-impact ABS to create a shockmount that stays where it’s supposed to. Aerospace-grade suspension rings keep the rumble out (no hair scrunchies here!), and a windowed design allows you to easily access switches without changing the your mic placement. Pinewood Storage Case
– because your microphones should stay safe in luxury. We’ve carved individual capsule pockets into a block of solid pine, and custom-cut foam for your mics to stay cozy and secure…whether they’re on the road or in your studio.
Vanguard V11 Features
Capsule & Electronics
- 4 small-diaphragm 22mm capsule assemblies – cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional, wide cardioid
- Transformer-balanced solid-state circuit
- Ultra low-noise high-quality hand-biased JFET and other premium-grade components
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- Transformer-balanced output – custom-wound humbucking dual-bobbin transformer
- Works via 48V phantom power
- Heavy-duty brass, aircraft-grade aluminum, steel, and zinc construction
- Each V1 comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec componentry
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Final Assembly & 100% Quality Control in California, USA
- 5-Year Warranty
- 22mm removable capsule – Cardioid
- 22mm removable capsule – Hypercardioid
- 22mm removable capsule – Omnidirectional
- 22mm removable capsule – Wide Cardioid
- VSSM small shockmount
- Padded pinewood microphone storage box
The VANGUARD V1 is designed and precision-built in limited quantities to “no-compromise” standards, with final assembly and 100% testing taking place here in Southern California. Vanguard Audio Labs spent more than three years designing, developing, and refining the V1.
Vanguard's small-diaphragm capsules begin with a 16mm 4µm gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm, carefully positioned in front of a precision-machined, custom-voiced backplate. The housing is engineered to bring the diaphragm as close as possible to the front of the capsule housing, preventing comb filtering.
The capsule is coupled to a transformer-balanced solid-state circuit that matches the unique musical properties of the capsules and is loaded with premium-grade, over-spec components sourced from manufacturers all over the world. Vanguard cryogenically treat critical components in the signal & power paths, including an ultra-high-grade hand-biased FET. The circuit is designed with an “In = Out” philosophy, with only four components present in the signal path.
Aesthetically, a microphone should look at least half as good as it sounds. The precision-machined brass body is coated with Vanguard's signature Pinot Noir hue, finished with a deep, lustrous gloss, and accented by polished nickel trim and a precision-cast Vanguard badge. Your V1’s serial number is laser-engraved on the lower rear of the microphone.
The V1 was designed by a team of experts with more than 65 years of combined experience and vetted by award-winning engineers and producers.
The V1 was designed in the USA, and undergoes final assembly in sunny Southern California. Vanguard perform 100% quality control – every single part of your V1 kit undergoes a series of stringent audio and visual tests here in Southern California before being hand-packed. Vanguard precision-bias each high-grade JFET by hand on a calibrated analog oscilloscope (a Tektronix 465B, for you fellow EE geeks).
Every part of the V1 was designed to be robust and reliable. Wherever possible, the circuitry is over-spec’ed. Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment improves the lifespan and performance of critical electronic components. Brass, steel, and zinc are part of the heavy-duty construction.
You want your recording tools to be reliable, durable, and rugged, and so do we! Every Vanguard microphone is backed by a FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY.