Grace Design m108 8 Channel Remote Controlled Mic Preamplifier / ADC
DAW recording system front end / 8X2 USB interface / remote recording / high-end sound reinforcement
From 25 years experience of creating acclaimed professional audio products, comes the latest evolution of Grace Deign's mic preamplifier design: the m108. With eight channels of transparent, musical mic preamplification, state of the art A/D conversion, multiple digital output formats, and flexible local or remote controlled operation, the m108 is a vital addition to any modern audio production environment.
Based on the acclaimed success of Grace's m802 remote controlled mic preamplifier, the m108 distills the best of these achievements into a sleek, elegant 1U chassis design. Featuring a transformerless, transipedance mic preamp design is unmatched in its ability to effortlessly resolve complex sonic waveforms, resulting in recordings of amazing clarity and depth. Integrated A/D conversion delivers digital signals to the workstation that are pure and beautiful. Latest generation s-Lock PLL ensures pristine, jitter free sample clock when clocking from external word clock or Dante clock. And an asynchronous mode USB interface provides the best possible jitter performance when connected to a computer.
A push-button rotary encoder is used for navigating and operation, with a user interface that is simple and intuitive. Dedicated push-buttons are assigned to core functions: 48V phantom power, phase reverse, channel grouping and meter peak clear. A crisp OLED screen displays complete system information, including channel gain settings, metering, peak status, and the system setup menu.
Out of the box, the m108 is ready to go as a stand alone mic preamp / ADC. With integrated serial or MIDI control, the m108 can be configured in large channel-count remote systems, with control from Grace's existing m802 hardware remote control unit, from Protools™, the forthcoming m108 control app, or even simply over ethernet with any modern web browser. And an optional DANTE™ interface is provided for network audio configurations. The m108 control protocol is backward compatible with the m802 so you can add m108’s to an existing m802 system.
Grace m108 Features:
- 8 channels of transparent, musical mic preamplifier
- Wide gain range: -6 to 69dB
- 8 channels of balanced analog preamp outputs
- Ribbon mic mode
- 8 channel ADC outputs via AES, ADAT (SMUX), USB Class 2, and DANTE™
- External Word clock in and out
- Reference DAC and headphone amplifier for low-latency monitoring of preamp channels, USB play back from a computer, or DANTE™ audio streams.
- Channel 1 & 2 balanced HI-Z inputs on front panel
- High contrast, wide viewing angle OLED display for all system parameters and setup menu
- Combination RS 485/422 serial / MIDI ports for control from existing m802 RCU or Protools™
- m108 Controller App for Mac OS and Windows computers
- RJ45 Ethernet port with web server for network control using standard web browser
- Expansion slot for optional Audinate / DANTE™ network audio card
- Cooling fan for reliable operation in the harshest environments
- Built in 100-240VAC universal AC power supply
- 5 year transferable warranty
- Made in the USA