API 2500+ Stereo Bus CompressorStereo Bus Compressor featuring old "feed back" and new "feed forward" compression, patented THRUST Filter, and Mix/Blend circuit delivering a wide range of compression options.
The API 2500+ Stereo Bus Compressor is API’s flagship compressor that provides the unmistakable sound of API’s compression technology combined with unmatched parametric control. The result is one of the world’s best sounding and versatile stereo bus compressors that’s capable of handling an infinite number of production applications. Carefully designed to deliver a wide range of compression options, the 2500+ delivers warmth, clarity and punch, whether used for subtle adjustments or heavy compression effects.
API 2500+ Features:
- API 2520 Op Amps
- Expanded variable threshold between -20dBu to +20dBu
- Selectable ratio, attack, and release times
- Patented THRUST® filter with 3 settings for frequency dependent side chain control
- Variable link between left and right channels
- Old "feed back" and new "feed forward" compression
- Soft, Medium, or Hard knee for easy to sharp compression
- Auto or manual gain make up
- 1/4" balanced side chain inputs
- Output clips at +32dBu
- New Mix/Blend circuit
- "Over Threshold" LED illuminates when input audio crosses the set threshold
- Stereo analog meters to show input level, output level, and gain reduction
- Full hard-wired relay bypass
The API 2500+ Stereo Bus Compressor allows adjustment of sonic qualities to alter the punch and tone of the stereo mix. The 19-inch, rack-mountable unit features a dual-channel design that can be configured for stereo compression or for use as two separate units via a single compression setting.
Among the many qualities which make the 2500+'s unique is its use of API's patented THRUST® circuit for a chest-hitting, punchy bottom end. Another distinctive feature of the 2500+ is its selectable "old" or "new" compression, with the old style using the "feed back" type of compression found in the API 525, and the new style using the "feed forward" type in which the compressor side chain is fed directly from the unit input. Additionally, the output stage of the 2500+ offers an auto-makeup gain button that permits the user to vary the threshold or ratio while automatically maintaining a constant output level.
Added to the 2500+ is the Mix/Blend circuit. First featured in the limited production 50th Anniversary Edition, Mix/Blend control provides either cross fader or parallel mixing of the compressed and uncompressed signal. Three different user settings are offered:
- OFF - compressed signal only
- X (Cross) - allows the MIX control to adjust between 100% uncompressed to 100% compressed - increasing one, while decreasing the other
- || (Parallel) - allows the MIX control to dial in compressed signal to blend into the uncompressed signal, (which remains the same).
The 2500+ ensures fidelity with its fully balanced design and two front panel VU meters showing input, output and gain reduction levels. The 2500+ features API's industry exclusive five-year parts warranty and offers the user the reliability, sonic excellence and long life characteristic of all API products.