Lynx Aurora (n) 32 HD
32 Channel, 24-bit / 192 kHz Analog I/O with Preinstalled LT-HD Card for Pro Tools | HD Connectivity
The Aurora (n) 32 HD with Preinstalled LT-HD Card for Pro Tools | HD Connectivity sets the standard for transparency, reliability and economy for a professional AD/DA converter and is a staple of professional recording systems worldwide. The Aurora(n) carries on that proud legacy with a complete redesign from the bottom up. This new member of the Lynx converter family expands upon the feature set that made the original Aurora famous and integrates innovative design and programming techniques to produce a result that sounds better, is more flexible, adapts to more contexts of use, and is optimally suited to become the heart of your recording studio. The Aurora(n) was designed to provide the detailed recording and playback that you require today, along with an expandable feature set that prepares you for whatever the future holds for your studio. Lynx designed the Aurora(n) to be the last converter you will ever need. It’s better because we’ve been listening to what our customers have been asking for, and built a precision audio tool to meet their needs.
Aurora (n) features:
- 32 channel analog I/O featuring Lynx's redesigned Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) for analog I/O achieving significant improvements in transparency and reductions in both noise and distortion.
- Includes LT-HD Pro Tools | HD LSlot card with 2 DigiLink Connections
- Future-proof LSlot design with swappable USB, Thunderbolt, ProTools®|HD and DANTE cards
- Configurable I/O - pre-amp, AES/EBU and Line A/D/A modules available
- Onboard 32-channel microSD recorder for direct recording and playback.
- Two audiophile-grade headphone outputs with independent volume controls.
- 1-in 3-out word clock with Lynx’s second generation SynchroLock 2™ technology
- Road-ready rack-mount reinforced chassis
- Designed and built in Southern California, USA
Signal coloration is additive and can kill an otherwise pristine mix. That’s why a colored mix begins to collapse while the transparent mix has space, definition and a level of detail that is simply unattainable with converters that add color and distortion. Lynx’s hallmark sonic transparency is why Lynx converters are being used in the most mission-critical audio applications and in the world’s finest recording facilities. Lynx converters have been specified for their uncanny ability to convert signals without adding any artifacts or color. For audio engineers and producers demanding the most pristine recordings and mixes Lynx is the converter of choice at facilities like Dolby’s new mega complex of audio research, Skywalker Sound, NPR, and the Smithsonian Institute. Lynx converters pass the most stringent tests and shoot outs to become the sought after converters for these discerning professionals. Precision matters more than ever and there is no place for even the slightest coloration or degradation of the signal.
Discrete Converter Array
Some manufacturers use multiple converters on a single chip. While that is one way to fit many converter channels in a single rack space while lowering costs, it comes at a steep cost in performance. At Lynx, the analog signal path for each channel has been designed as a self-contained and shielded circuit. Each channel pair has its own dedicated conversion device. This has many sonic advantages by significantly reducing crosstalk and distortion while increasing dynamic range and performance.
Hilo Converter Technology (HCT)
Design and technology borrowed from the development of the Hilo is used to significantly improve specifications and transparency over previous models while attaining stunning Hilo-like performance.
- Add Channels – Start with eight, sixteen or twenty four channels and later add additional groups of eight channels for up to thirty two total.
- Add Modules – Digital (AES/EBU, now shipping), Mic Pre Amp (available March 2018) & Analog Summing modules to be released in 2018. More are being designed now for future release.
- Add Connection Method – Thunderbolt, DANTE, ProTools|HD or USB via LSlot Cards
- Add Functionality – Via firmware updates. Just as we have for Hilo and Aurora we will continue to improve the Aurora(n)’s functionality and build in new feature sets.
All new SynchroLock 2™ high-performance sample clock technology provides a whopping 300,000:1 reduction in jitter, 5 second lock time and absolute accuracy. Word clock I/O provides one input and three outputs on BNC connectors.