Phoenix Audio Nicerizer 16 MK2
16 Channel Class A DAW Summing Mixer
The Phoenix Audio Nicerizer 16 MK2 is a 16-channel fully Class A Summing Mixer that was originally designed to “sweeten” the output from pro-tools and other DAWs, and to make the final mix easier to distribute and handle. The Nicerizer 16 is designed to take the output out of the digital realm, and to add the Class A characteristics and feel before the final recording. The “Nicerizer 16” uses Phoneix Audio's well proven and loved Class A output stage, and also has their latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete Line Input Technology. The Nicerizer 16 is a 2U 19″ rack mountable 16 – 2 Summing Mixer, that can be stacked and linked in any multiple and various configurations to give high quality, line-level, Class A, discrete buffering, summing and mixing.
Phoenix Audio Nicerizer 16 MK2 Features:
- 16 channels of Class A, discrete, truly balanced transformerless input stage.
- Proven and loved Class A, discrete, transformer balanced output stage (DSOP-2).
- Phoenix custom wired transformers on both outputs.
- Individual detented pan control for each channel (16 x Pan pots)
- 16 x Balanced Input XLR’s. Can accept balanced or unbalanced input with no -6dB loss.
- 2 x mix busses (Stereo Mix Bus)
- 1/4″ TRS unbalanced Insert sends on Busses (L + R Bus Insert points)
- +8dB Boost button on each channel.
- Master mix bus output level control.
- Stereo LED level monitoring.
- Switchable for each channel and Main Output
- Stereo/mono External/Headphone monitoring Output. Switchable to each channel, external input (via 2T Return), Auxiliary and Main output, includes monitoring of the mix bus. (L, R, and Stereo)
- Main Outputs on Balanced XLR’s
- 1/4″ TRS unbalanced Jacks for Auxillary outputs with front panel level control
- 2 Track stereo mono inputs on 1/4″ TRS balanced Jacks
- Class A Stereo Width control with Loss-less Bass. Pannable from mono through to +25% Wider + Width control Bypass switch.
- Maximum Output Level of +26dB.
- Huge headroom available on all channels.
- All units are wired with PTFE silver plated military grade cable
A Summing Mixer without an Amplifier
The distinction between a stereo mixer and a summing amplifier is important when considering your hybrid analog/digital rig. In essence, a mixer incorporates a fuller range of features. The Nicerizer is decidedly a mixer, pulling crucial elements such as circuit overdrive and panning back into the analog realm where they truly outperform their digital emulations. Phoenix's dented pan-pots are unmatched for both precision stereo placement and ease of recall, and they are a key ingredient the huge, open sound of the Nicerizer.
Driving a Versatile, Class-A Input Circuit
With the Nicerizer, Phoenix takes a modern approach to Class-A circuit design. Their unique transformerless input stage delivers the full frequency spectrum with unrivaled clarity and punch. Transformers slow things down, which can be great in some cases, but if you’re stuck with transformers, then you’re stuck with slower transients (slew-rates), limiting the range of tonalities. The Nicerizer's electronically balanced input stage can be driven modestly for ultra-clear hi-fi sound, or you can engage a +8db switch on any channel individually to drive the circuit for a fatter, more saturated sound that only Discrete Class-A buffer amps can deliver.
Legendary Transformer-Balanced Output Stage
Once mixed, the stereo signal hits a pair of our custom-wound DB694 output transformer, which are coupled to Phoenix's proprietary, fully discrete DSOP-2 output amplifier. The DSOP-2 is the result of Phoenix's head-designer David Rees’ forward-thinking solutions for upgrading vintage Neve consoles. Improve on Neve? Indeed, the DSOP-2 represents the pinnacle of Class-A output circuits, offering a smooth transition from ultra-clean to beautifully saturated tones.