Universal Audio Apollo Twin X QUAD Heritage Edition
Apollo Twin X Desktop 10x6 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface with elite A/D and D/A conversion, Two Unison Mic Preamps, and Realtime UAD-2 QUAD Core Processing. Now includes "Heritage Edition" Plug-in Bundle featuring $1,345 worth of UAD plug-ins!
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin X QUAD Desktop Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface delivers elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, two Unison-enabled preamps, and QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing — all in a sleek desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows.
Built upon Universal Audio's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin X confidently outperforms everything in its class, with 127 dB D/A dynamic range and an included bundle of acclaimed UAD analog emulation plug-ins, giving you a fully-stocked analog studio, right on your desktop.
Apollo Twin X QUAD Key Features
- Desktop 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Two Unison Preamps: Get the Sound of Neve, Helios, API, Manley & More
Apollo Twin X features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA and many more. Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
Based on Unison's proprietary hardware-software integration, Apollo Twin X lets you record at near-zero latency through emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin X's front-panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo Twin interfaces are used to create exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve upon the previous generation, UA engineers redesigned the Apollo Twin X's audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+N, giving it a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters costing much more.
Realtime UAD Processing — a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin X reveals a stunning range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of either UAD-2 DUO or QUAD Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin X lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — at near-zero latency — including authentic titles from Neve, Studer, Helios, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, Capitol Studios, and more.
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin X includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins — the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Pultec EQs, and more — so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Additional Connections & Built-in Talkback Mic
With its two Unison-equipped preamps, two line outs, and optical ADAT/SPDIF input — plus dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic — the 10 x 6 Apollo Twin X gives you the I/O you need for professional tracks and mixes.
Professional Performance and Scalability
Users of Apollo Twin X can combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo X rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin X as a desktop monitor control with additional I/O and DSP power.
Includes the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
With its lightning-fast thunderbolt 3 connectivity and breakthrough Unison technology mic preamp emulation, the UA Apollo Twin X sets a new standard in desktop recording with classic analog sound. For more information, call or chat with an RSPE representative.