Dolby has recently announced the release of Dolby Atmos Renderer v5.1. This latest version of the Renderer includes a number of new features, including support for head tracking devices.
Head tracking allows you to interact with the virtual room in real-time when monitoring binaurally in headphones. This means that you can move your head around and the sound will move with you, giving you a more immersive experience.
To use head tracking with the Dolby Atmos Renderer, you will need a compatible head tracking device. Currently, the only supported device is the Supperware Head Tracker 1 but we expect additional devices to be available in the future.
Once you have a compatible head tracking device, you can enable head tracking in the Dolby Atmos Renderer preferences. Once head tracking is enabled, you will see a head icon in the object view. The direction of the head icon will correspond to the direction of your head.
Head tracking is a powerful tool that can help you create more immersive Dolby Atmos mixes. If you are interested in trying it out, you can download Dolby Atmos Renderer v5.1 from the Dolby website.
Other New Features in Dolby Atmos Renderer v5.1
In addition to support for head tracking, Dolby Atmos Renderer v5.1 also includes a number of other new features:
- Improved definition of head icon in person view
- Dolby Atmos Binaural Settings plug-in (v1.3) includes two user presets
- Binaural Render mode settings persistent between Renderer relaunches
- New View menu and keyboard shortcuts, to maximize or minimize the objects view
- Easy access to the control panel application of an ASIO device (Windows only)
- Option + C (Mac) and Alt + C (Windows) keyboard shortcuts to clear all clip indicators
- Left and right arrow keys provide navigation between graphic equalizer bands
- Loudness measurements in summary .txt file and timeline .csv file now have one decimal place
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
RSPE Audio Solutions is a leading provider of Dolby Atmos solutions. We specialize in designing and integrating Dolby Atmos studios, as well as providing training and support to Dolby Atmos users.
We are committed to helping our clients create the best possible Dolby Atmos experiences. If you are interested in learning more about Dolby Atmos, or if you would like to discuss your studio design needs, please contact us. We would be happy to help.